 MikeyC World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:11 - 13 Oct 2005 Post subject: Thats the spirit! |
 |
|
Riding to my gf's last night, some londoners will know which bit of road my story is about. Came off the A406 and joined the A13, going towards the Dartford Crossing.
Anyway, during rush hour, this section of road is usually very slow moving. As I joined the A13 (its 3 lanes), I started filtering, with the aim of moving into the outside lane. Saw a few bikers coming so I thought I'd let them pass.
Not too sure what happened next, all i saw is a car quickly change from one lane to another, then a loud "smash"... looked over and saw a biker had come off. Quickly thinking (as traffic was so slow), i pulled across the lane to ensure no one else hit the biker and parked up my bike, along with another biker who stopped. The cager that caused this drove off. However, some big guy on a 'Tiger' I think it was, went after this car and forced him to stop! LOL Quality! Cager then came back and apologised and I left them to it.
Rider was absolutely fine, no cuts, maybe some bruises but I was happy to see other bikers helping another biker out, hopefully they'd do the same for me
(Unfortunately this morning, whilst travelling to work on the A406 on the Brent Cross flyover, cops closed 2 lanes, I saw a BMW 645 spanking new had hit a bike from what I saw, ambulancemen were tending to the rider who was just lying in the road... put a shiver down my spine ) |
|
 paulthewitt World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
 mattgt Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|