Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Help with CG needed please!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Help with CG needed please! Reply with quote

I just got back from the garage after they fixed the electrics out (it was not sparking) and he said he put the carb back together correct as it was on wrong, any way I drive about 10 miles and it dies- there was smoke coming from the air filter and the engine was very hot, any how I waited 20 miniutes then it started agin yet it's very smokey and some times it feels like it will die but then the power (what little power there is) kicks back in? The guy at the garage says put a new plug in yet there is a new one in there already? Any ideas?

Cheers ears Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it idles it is fine but as soon as you pull away or are moving it just chokes then die with the odd back fire or two then is very hard to start up again. PLEASE HELP!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

basicly now it will idle fine yet as soon as you put the revs on or try and pull away it dies plus it is pumping out a lot of blue/white smoke??? Any idea people? I need help asap Thumbs Up

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah and the engine gets hot very quickly, any ideas?

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I just took it for a spin and it was fine until it gets hot then it starts to pop and die with a couple of back fires, I'm thinking maybe the air filter it blocked - not the actual air filter as I have checked that and it's fine, where can I find the inlet for the air filter so I can checked that is not blocked. Any other ideas why my bike does this and why it gets hot so quick?

Thanks

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:37 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the carb has been off and its getting hot very quickly first thought is that the carb isn't seated onto its engine side rubber properly and its got an air leak there, making it run lean and therefore hot.

Could also have too hot a plug in (from memory lower number = hotter plug). Make sure it has the correct plug.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 22 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What robby said....

If the air filter was blocked then you'd have more fuel than air, backfireing and overly hot running isn't a symptom of that..

Whoever "fixed" it should be doing it, don't take it back there after they have.

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 23 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys nice one Thumbs Up
I have a update though- when you fire it up it idles fine and when the revs are high it seems fine too, the problems come when the revs are low in first gear, it seems to die and does a few pops out of the back pipe then it kicks back in again and seems fine? Should I check what you guys suggested or have you any new ideas?
Thanks for the help Smile

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right basicly it's ok-ish for small journeys but at low revs it still pops and feels like it will die then the power kicks back in again and it is still getting hot very quickly and when it is hot it will die, I am taking back to the garage by the end of this week but was just curious if you guys had any more ideas?

Ta Thumbs Up

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:47 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - Unfortunately if you continue to ride it you will very likely do some serious and very expensive damage.

Tell us about what happened before it went to the garage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

darkinthepark
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well basicly it died, it would not start or even spark(yes I put a new plug in). Took it to the garage paid 100 quid and it was fine for 5 mins then this happened. Any ideas?

Ta

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:01 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem certainly sounds like an air leak. You definately shouldn't be riding it like this until it gets fixed.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1