Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

sumfing it seriously rong with my bike :O

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:00 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: sumfing it seriously rong with my bike :O Reply with quote

my break light is permently on, the high beam isnt very high, my battery dosnt charge properly wen i ride, the fule mix is too rich as my m8 says bit its an auto mix 2 stroke, can any one help me here ? Laughing

18_stuart_88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a suggestion about your break light being on permanently but not for the rest Laughing

Have your tried taking out your bulb and re-fitting it. I had that small problem when i was striping my bike to put a new left hand side on it Embarassed

Fixed itself after re-fitting Thumbs Up

Stu
Make: Honda NSR 125 R Year: 2004 Colour: Black And Silver - Died on December 18th 2005, Layed to rest December 30th 2005 :(Make: Aprilia RS 125 Year: 2000 Colour: Black And Red - Derestricted Smile Sold!
Make: Suzuki GSXR 600 SRAD Year: 1998 Colour: Red - White - Blue Mr. Green
Pic of My New Bike!!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:18 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of bike is it? Make and model.

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:08 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a Rieju RS2 50cc MATRIX Race Replica

muddycoffee
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:15 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had 2 stroke bikes, the vibrations were high and bulbs were always going. It might help if your battery is poor to get a new one. Does it hold charge ok?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:35 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of your brake light switches is probably sticking on. On scooters they are usually cylinder shaped and screw into the mounting that the lever is mounted on. They operate when you press the lever which alows the plunger to move out and operates the switch.

What I would do is first isolate which one is at fault by disconnecting the wires from them one at a time, when you disconnect the faulty one, the light should go out. unscrew the switch and spray it with loads of WD40 then work the plunger in and out. If this doesn't work, you may need to replace it.

This could also explain the dim headlamp, certainly on my mopeds, operating the brake light took power away from the headlamp and made it appear dim. Could also be that your battery is duff.

Check that the headlamp gets brighter as you rev up from tickover. Failure to do so can point to a problem with the charging system.

Your brake light switch most probably looks something like this:
https://mywebpages.comcast.net/gtopercy/ebay/brakeswitch.jpg

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:58 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryty then i shall av a go at dat then, but dose any one know how to stop my fule & oil mix being so rich cus there is loads of black stuff on my exhaust but iot is auto mix... Confused

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you post from a mobile phone ?

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:26 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i diddnt no...y ? Confused lol

ow yeah and my mysterious real light problem has parcially solved itself, the light stays on wen the lights r on as norm and when i put the back break on it goes brighter, but the front break lever dosent make it go brighter...confusing... Confused Shocked

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the light goes on when you use the pedal but not the lever then there's something wrong with the connection from the lever then. Wink

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 17:16 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kid could write with more skill that you have when she was 5, go back to school & try to graduate kindergarden....

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:31 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

shut up u muppet i was in a hurry wen i typed that up

ill get my dad to have a look at the connections later, he should know what to do...i hope...hes an electrician

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:15 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cog Head wrote:
shut up u muppet i was in a hurry wen i typed that up

ill get my dad to have a look at the connections later, he should know what to do...i hope...hes an electrician

Does this mean that you were really trying with this post?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:33 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cog Head wrote:
ryty then i shall av a go at dat then, but dose any one know how to stop my fule & oil mix being so rich cus there is loads of black stuff on my exhaust but iot is auto mix... Confused

Please do try with the typing, it makes things much easier to understand and other people are then much more inclined to help you.

The oil is mixed into the fuel by a small pump somewhere on the bike. The amount of oil this pump puts out is varied by the throttle position via a cable. If the cable was too tight, this could cause too much oil in the mix. There will be marks on the oil pump that you line up to set the tension in the cable. Do not mess with them unless you know what you are doing, if you land up running it too lean, you will knacker your engine.

Running 'rich' is not always due to the oil content of the fuel mix, it can also mean the fuel:air mix has too much fuel/not enough air in it. For example, due to a blocked air filter or the choke sticking on.

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:29 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ow right.... this gives me an excuse to but a new air filter and ill have a "look" at the oil pump and see what its set to, in my users manual it says that there might be a carbon buildup on the exhaust outlet or inside of my exhaust, i can probebly get it out of the outlet but how would i get it out of the exhaust ?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:14 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would usually take the exhaust off and fill it with caustic soda solution to remove excessive coking. The technique has already been discussed repeatedly if you do a search.

Caustic soda also dissolves alloy, paint, skin and eyeballs with frightening speed, beware of this before you mess with the stuff.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:23 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air filter may well just be a foam one, hand washable with a detergent. Oil it while it's still wet afterwards, this helps distribute the oil throughout the foam as it tends to emulsify. Don't wring the foam or use overly hot water, the glue holding various layers/ parts together doesn't like it.

Depending on what bike it is, the exhaust might be blowing straight out back onto the pipe/ expansion chamber. It'll be sooty and smokey as standard, so it'll coat the pipe in crap in fairly short order. My brothers scooter was dumping oil into the engine as the oil valve wasn't always closing properly when he turned it off. A sticky throttle cable could be the culprit for that. Copious amounts of smoke and leaving black oily trails behind him were the obvious signs until it got properly warmed up.

Brake light switches, stiff mucky springs, sticky cables etc are almost always fixed by copious quantities of WD40. Smile Thumbs Up

Edit: if you believe in health and safety as much as I do, you'll be very interested to know how fun the reaction between a capful of caustic soda and a little boiling water can be. Mr. Green

I believe in common sense, sensible precautions and foresight, not health and safety.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 16:39 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cog Head wrote:
i was in a hurry wen i typed that up

That's not a reason, it's a piss poor excuse for being an illiterate twat.

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

That's not a reason, it's a piss poor excuse for being an illiterate twat.

Nah can't be.....his profile states he is a 'School Student'. Mr. Green I blame the mobile phone for making the whole population illiterate. Sad

Cog Head
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:01 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahoo yeah and this helps me fix the problems because.....

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 03:20 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cog Head wrote:
wahoo yeah and this helps me fix the problems because.....

.. because then the people who know EXACTLY whats wrong with your bike will take the time to tell you how to fix it.... I could have told you 2 days ago...

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:37 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

.. because then the people who know EXACTLY whats wrong with your bike will take the time to tell you how to fix it.... I could have told you 2 days ago...

Yep. That's exactly the approach I took.

I have a mate who's genuinely heavily dyslexic. He can write better than that. His view is that people who don't try with written communication are like able bodied people using wheelchairs because they can't be arsed to walk. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1