Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

INDICATOR PROBLEM ... HELP!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

adamdt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:54 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: INDICATOR PROBLEM ... HELP! Reply with quote

I have a DT125. I came off it and damaged 2 indicators :roll: , i have replaced them now but they all stay on constantly (without switching).

Can anyone tell me what ive done wrong or if something else is damaged that would cause this problem.
8O
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

muddycoffee
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:13 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you replaced the light bulbs?

If you have put 12v bulbs in a 6v bike then that would happen.
I don't know if your bike is 12v or 6v.

adamdt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:25 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: 12V OR 6V !!! Reply with quote

I will have a look today when i get home... The bike runs on 6v apparantly, i didnt think of that when i bought 2 new indicators (which may well be 12v)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

OreoXX
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is not the problem, then check your indicator relay. This controls the frequency of the flashes of the indicators and is usually located near the rear indicators. If this is damaged, the indicators won't flash.

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's mostly because the power of the bulbs is not correct with the relay . on 125 bikes the relay is generally 20W (12 or 6V) . if the power of the relay is 20W and your bulbs are 20W each it's too much and they will stay fixed . you have 2 options :
- put 10W in each light
- change the relay by a 40W (like on cars)
obviously if your bike is a 6V you need 6V bulbs

adamdt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:32 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange thing.. I had all the indicators working last night, then the relay packed up. I bought a new relay an hour ago, fitted it, then the main battery fuse blew.... twice. If its not one thing its another. I cant figure it out Crying or Very sad any more ideas that may help me Question
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1