Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Embarrassment number two !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Embarrassment number two ! Reply with quote

Now, many of you know I'm only a very short legged guy. I can just about touch the floor on my GPZ with both feet flat down if I stretch my legs a little. With the balls of my feet - not a problem.

I'd been riding on reserve for a while and must have been getting very low on fuel, since the bike was getting very light and very 'flickable'.

So, I pulled the GPZ into a petrol station on my way home from work. Put the bike on the side stand, turned the fuel tap to 'ON' (rather than 'reserve') and filled up the bike to the very brim - about 18 litres.

Went and paid for the fuel, came out and put the lid and gloves back on. Sat on the bike and flipped it up off the stand. As the bike reached the vertical position, suddenly, I thought 'blimey, the bike's a bit light all of a sudden'. Then, it became very heavy to the right hand side. So much so, that it became unbalanced and 'toppled' very slightly to the right. Being only a short person, I had to cock my left leg off the bike and force the machine back up to the vertical position.

I'd forgotten that I'd just added another 18 litres of fuel to the tank, and as I flipped the bike back up off the side stand, this amount of fuel then slopped to the other side of the tank and threw the bike in the opposite direction.

I haven't got a clue what everyone else at the petrol station must have thought.

Once again, I couldn't help but laugh at myself for making such a fundamental error. But, fortunately, I didn't drop the bike or have to 'put it down'. The thought of having to ask someone to give me a hand to pick it back up would have been even more embarrassing

I'll learn - hopefully

[Edit] Oops. Sorry, everyone. I think I've posted this in two areas Confused My mistake Embarassed
____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!


Last edited by The Old Geeza on 21:58 - 26 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Re: Embarrassment number two ! Reply with quote

A good reason for filling the bike while upright - then up to the brim means it's actually full and got no where to slosh Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Embarrassment number two !


never mind, as long as you got a nurse too clean you all back up eh?


It happens to the best of us (just ask jodiewodie)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:04 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like petty stations which allow you to pay at the pump, just stay on the bike and away you go Wink

Hey woah trippy i just came from off topic and its in there as well Shocked
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Re: Embarrassment number two ! Reply with quote

G wrote:
A good reason for filling the bike while upright - then up to the brim means it's actually full and got no where to slosh Smile.


Very good advice, G. But I'm smiling already at my next attempt.

I can just see me putting the bike on the centre stand (which I can do quite easily), filling it up to the brim with fuel then taking it back off the stand afterwards. God only knows which way it would swing (I never take the bike off the centre stand whilst I'm on the seat).

I'll let you (and everyone else) know what happens.

Laughing Laughing Laughing



____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:08 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Re: Embarrassment number two ! Reply with quote

Park close to the curb, lean slightly with your foot on the curb bit while filling to the brim. (Fill while sitting on the bike.)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Hey woah trippy i just came from off topic and its in there as well Shocked


My mistake. But I did explain in my edit.

I didn't think my post was uploaded on OTC because 'The Server Could Not Be Found' and the Spell Checker crashed out.

Sorry everyone Embarassed



____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not problem. Why would it be it was like wait a min i just come from offtopic Shocked .

Any ways i thought the gpz had a centre stand and not a kick stand. Confused
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Any ways i thought the gpz had a centre stand and not a kick stand. Confused


Yes, it does, you're right. It's actually got both.

Please read previous, McGee Thumbs Up



____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Sorry, any ways we all have silly scenarios like that from time to time Thumbs Up
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 26 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
I like petty stations which allow you to pay at the pump, just stay on the bike and away you go Wink


It makes it so much easier to use fake credit cards as well. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:13 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Re: Embarrassment number two ! Reply with quote

The Old Geeza wrote:
...filled up the bike to the very brim....

Spotted where you're going wrong.
Back in your day they had nice little men who would tootle out and hand pump the amount of fuel into the tank for you. These new fangled self service pump things just aren't cricket old bean. A gentleman such as yourself could find it most undignified doing that sort of manual labour.

Very Happy
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.78 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 79.76 Kb