|
|
| Author |
Message |
| The Old Geeza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Old Geeza Back in my day...

Joined: 25 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:55 - 26 Oct 2005 Post subject: Embarrassment number two ! |
 |
|
Now, many of you know I'm only a very short legged guy. I can just about touch the floor on my GPZ with both feet flat down if I stretch my legs a little. With the balls of my feet - not a problem.
I'd been riding on reserve for a while and must have been getting very low on fuel, since the bike was getting very light and very 'flickable'.
So, I pulled the GPZ into a petrol station on my way home from work. Put the bike on the side stand, turned the fuel tap to 'ON' (rather than 'reserve') and filled up the bike to the very brim - about 18 litres.
Went and paid for the fuel, came out and put the lid and gloves back on. Sat on the bike and flipped it up off the stand. As the bike reached the vertical position, suddenly, I thought 'blimey, the bike's a bit light all of a sudden'. Then, it became very heavy to the right hand side. So much so, that it became unbalanced and 'toppled' very slightly to the right. Being only a short person, I had to cock my left leg off the bike and force the machine back up to the vertical position.
I'd forgotten that I'd just added another 18 litres of fuel to the tank, and as I flipped the bike back up off the side stand, this amount of fuel then slopped to the other side of the tank and threw the bike in the opposite direction.
I haven't got a clue what everyone else at the petrol station must have thought.
Once again, I couldn't help but laugh at myself for making such a fundamental error. But, fortunately, I didn't drop the bike or have to 'put it down'. The thought of having to ask someone to give me a hand to pick it back up would have been even more embarrassing
I'll learn - hopefully
[Edit] Oops. Sorry, everyone. I think I've posted this in two areas My mistake  ____________________ Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
Last edited by The Old Geeza on 21:58 - 26 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:57 - 26 Oct 2005 Post subject: Re: Embarrassment number two ! |
 |
|
A good reason for filling the bike while upright - then up to the brim means it's actually full and got no where to slosh . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:04 - 26 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I like petty stations which allow you to pay at the pump, just stay on the bike and away you go
Hey woah trippy i just came from off topic and its in there as well  ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Old Geeza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Old Geeza Back in my day...

Joined: 25 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:07 - 26 Oct 2005 Post subject: Re: Embarrassment number two ! |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Old Geeza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Old Geeza Back in my day...

Joined: 25 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:14 - 26 Oct 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its not problem. Why would it be it was like wait a min i just come from offtopic .
Any ways i thought the gpz had a centre stand and not a kick stand.  ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Old Geeza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Old Geeza Back in my day...

Joined: 25 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|