Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone here own/used or opinions on a Honda CRM 125?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:06 - 17 Nov 2005    Post subject: Anyone here own/used or opinions on a Honda CRM 125? Reply with quote

Having just bought one in need of some work was wondering what people think of them? cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

l0nes0mecr0w
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:04 - 30 Nov 2005    Post subject: crm 125 Reply with quote

i bought one second hand about a year ago. model 97.
i'm going off-road, specifically enduro.
this is an excellent piece of machinery for one to get started.
not heavy, powerfull enough if your weight is not off limits(!) and with all the benefits a 2-stroke can have. aggresive, easy to handle, easy to mess with as far as service matters are on the table and an excellent motorbike to experiment on. (keep in mind though,...it's a 125-bike.)
modify, fix, alternate,...do things with it. when you're done with it, you'll be knowing a lot about 2-strokes and off-road driving.

ready to go on a 250cc 2-stroke!
let's say a ktm exc 250!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

l0nes0mecr0w
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:12 - 30 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need help on the electrical circuits and this kind of things. i don't have the service manual, so i would be most regardfull if one could post me one or details on the electrical parts. some diagrammes or anything.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:13 - 02 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im currently redoing the wiring on my Crm 125 to get a french pdf manual on it, its got a wiring diagram with the wire colours,all be it in french but a translation is simple.
Managed to fit some XR600 front forks on much better and makes bike taller as i am too.
Goes well for a 125!

l0nes0mecr0w
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:50 - 02 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have any kind of diagramme currently, please scan it and post it to my address (l0nes0mecr0w@yahoo.com)
i've got a bike torn appart and my wiring is a mess. nothing works but i think the problem is on a specific area( a hidden destroyed wire or sth.).i just can't figure out where it is.
can you suggest any sites where i can get technical or general info on crm and maybe any service manual pdf.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:23 - 03 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can email you the french pdf manual on it tho its 14mb! I couldnt have rewired my crm without it as you can just make out the wire colours with a translation. try www.crm250.com some interesting stuff on there event tho 250 but nearly the same bike they also have the lesuire trial manual for the 250 there not sure if thats much use.

Just connected battery up so now power valve works so now goes like a rocket for a 125, ready for the MOT.

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 11:35 - 03 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justr rip it all out, and make a simple circuit so there is a spark Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:56 - 03 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting Honda dealers to get an English workshop manual. Even if it's an old one, they should be able to order you a photocopied version from japan.
Yes, you will have to pay for it, but then not everything in life can be free Smile.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:04 - 03 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.teamwoah.co.uk/fileupload/uploads/pc030309.jpg

https://www.teamwoah.co.uk/fileupload/uploads/pc030310.jpg

https://www.teamwoah.co.uk/fileupload/uploads/pc030311.jpg

https://www.teamwoah.co.uk/fileupload/uploads/pc030312.jpg

a few pics tried emaling you manual but i got a 10mb limit

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 05:32 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a bit of a mess atm. Shocked Confused

l0nes0mecr0w
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:23 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't tell from the picture you posted, but i think your front light's mask is an acerbis diamond, isn't it?
do you know if i can apply any digital polymeter (i don't know how it's called in english. i mean the devices that show velocity,rpm,temperature,stand warning etc.)?
the original analog devices on my bike are kind of broken and i'm thinking that i should replace them any time soon.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:01 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It the Acerbis DHH headlight. Yea you could fit any sort of speedo/odometer/clocks if you know what wires to connect, i just wanted to fit some compact clocks from the XR, just does speed,miles, the originals were too big and bulky.

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously sexy bike, would take it anyday over my dt 125! Laughing is it an nsr 125 engine? or something more powerful?

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:58 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has the nsr engine i think, tho full power with no restrictions as these were an Italian import so were never restricted. I have fianally putt a new ceet seat cover and graphics on the way soon looks the business!

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure does! Thumbs Up how are your wheelye's with it, I'm sure its something like my DT pulls them pretty easily yea?

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:10 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried to be honest its geared for the road running a 14 Front 40 rear sprockets!! Surprised But have ordered 13 front and 48 rear so should easliy pull them with that,its got some power!

l0nes0mecr0w
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:45 - 08 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got it geared as in 13 front, 44 rear. it's crawling on some heavy tough paths though.
do you think a 48 would do?
for an 125 i think it would be way too much.! and i'm working this machine on the road.
do you know anything on how to improve a 2T's performance?(i don't mean oversizing the combustion chamber)

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:21 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

some up dated pics,

https://www.teamwoah.co.uk/fileupload/uploads/pc100310.jpg

https://www.teamwoah.co.uk/fileupload/uploads/pc100309.jpg

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:29 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it has the NSR engine?

Doesn't look like it from here, would have thought it was a dedicated trail engine of some kind.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:57 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they both use the same workshop manual, and side covers are the same diff carb tho and prob gearing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:30 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thought it looked different to me.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:59 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

and heres how it looked when i bought it 3 months ago. https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/kempr01/PA240069.jpg

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 07:29 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

they use similar engines, but the CR engine has been fiddled around with to give more poke at the mid range and low end...or at least the newer bikes do.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:12 - 19 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get a rear sprocket for these things in the uk!? are they the same as any other models fittment?

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 24 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yours is looking nice mate. i've emailed honda to see if they can get me the owners manual or service manual or both.

i still cant get mine started but its just going to have to wait till tuesday cos santa is coming soon Dance!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2