Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bandit 600 non starter??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

dansus2383
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:06 - 30 Nov 2005    Post subject: Bandit 600 non starter?? Reply with quote

Can anyone help i was coming back from work the other day and the bike seemed to get sluggish and change noise?

i changed the fuel tap onto reserve it was a bit early millage wise but it has been cold. the bike continued to lose power until i was forced to pull over and the bike died as it was raining and cold i thought it was carb freezing i was close to home so pushed it the rest of the way.

It now won't start i've put some more fuel in it along with an additive (silkoline?). It tries to fire up it will tick over once or twice but not fully get going then when i stop trying it back fire a good few seconds after??

Any help would be most welcome

Karl

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 30 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it might be a fuel problem but start off first by checking the plugs to see if you've got a decent spark. If you have it's a matter of checking the various common problem fuel problem with Bandits -
Blocked breather but probably not as it should have dribbled some fuel through eventually, just make sure by trying with the fuel cap open...
Check the fuel flow, take off the fuel pipe at the tap, put it to prime and see if it flows,if it doesn't blocked fuel filter or knackered tap
If it flows on prime, then switch it back to normal, take off the vacuum pipe and give it a suck, fuel should flow. If it doesn't then blocked filter or more than likely knackered tap diaphragm.
If you are getting fuel and a spark I'd have a guess that you've got water in the petrol, you mention the rain, if you've got a duff cap seal it could get in. Putting the fresh petrol in wouldn't help, you'd need to drain it off and drain the float bowls before putting fresh in or think it was Stinkwheel?? suggested putting about 1/4 pint of meths in the old petrol which mixed with the water and let it burn off normally.

or all that could all bollocks and it's some electrical/damp problem Mr. Green

dansus2383
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:10 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: service Reply with quote

hey thanks for the reply still non going but gave it a full service checked the valve clearences and while the tank was off check all that out fuel is flowing but not sure about water in tank don't really know what to look for there

phoned a suzuki dealer up he says its prob damp coils and they need drying out so i stuck a heater in the garagre to so if that helps

thanks for the info

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 01 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple of old GS Suzukis that didn't like the damp, got so I used to leave the wife's old cast off hairdryer at work to warm it up if it had been parked up on a damp day Rolling Eyes Could never get them fully waterproofed whatever I changed or used. But saying that as soon as they started that was it, they were fine and I wouldn't have any running problems at all.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1