BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike run

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:46 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Bike run Reply with quote

Just thought I'd show you the brilliant day I had today. I live in Newcastle on the east coast of Australia and there is what's reffered to as the annual bike run on today. Bikes/scooters of all sorts come together each year for a cruise to raise money and bring toys for a charity event for under privillaged kids.
Its a day where those who are interested in bikes can come along and see what its all about and see that us lot arent a bad bunch of guys.
The atmosphere is great and everyone just leaves their jackets and lids on their bikes. It shows a lot of trust and respect all round.
I must say everyone was well behaved and I didnt see 1 person riding around like a twat ( not sure theyd be game enough)
Estimates say there was around 7000 bikes that came from far and wide to join the event.

Ive included a number of picks so you can see how big the day was and a few bikes that caught my eye
It also serves to raise the awareness of bikes to all other road users. Thumbs Up
There was no reports of accidents and I only heard of one woman who was getting off her bike that managed to knock another one over Embarassed . So a successful day..bloody brilliant Thumbs Up Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 03:48 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you and your shitty weather. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:48 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

contd...

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:50 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hate you and your shitty weather.

What can i say its just comin into summer and its a f&*kin great day outside. Just a nice breeze to keep you cool Laughing

BlackSheep
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 03:56 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bastard , its feckin freezing here
Nice pics Thumbs Up

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 04:04 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bikechatforums.com/files/8_811.jpg

What is that Drooling

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:14 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is that

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 04:25 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that Thumbs Up

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:31 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def stands put. He was just about to leave when I spotted him and ran across the road to ask for a quick snap. He even had time to pose god luv him Thumbs Up

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 04:41 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am starting to like these cafe racer style bikes Thumbs Up

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely when we decided to send the convicts to Australia, and stay ourselves resident in the UK, we made a serious cockup?

Look at that bloody weather. You dont know what that's worth!

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yokogeri wrote:

Cant wait for summer and the fun of holding a full licence Wink

And the joy of riding in warm rain instead of cold rain....... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Knowlsey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:21 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zxr400er wrote:
I hate you and your shitty weather. Mad

i dont hate you,,,, just my bluddy parents fro not moving there when i was three, would have been an aussie speaking geordie now :?would have been good living there though,,, i could still say near Newcastle Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good day! No stunting though? Phtt. Wink

MalcolmT
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a toy run in Joburg last Sunday. The organisers sed > 12,000 bike pitched. If anything TOO many bikes turned up and it was very tricky whipping along the motorway with quads etc. The weather broke in the afternoon and cooled it down nicely. Its a bit of a bugger when you HAVE to ride ALL year. Very Happy

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717438.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717442.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717446.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717444.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717449.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717453.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/image_717455.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/Time9_53.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/Time9_57.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/tr_020.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/tr_052.jpg

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/mmoorhouse/Toy%20Run%2005/untitled.jpg

Last edited by MalcolmT on 20:02 - 04 Dec 2005; edited 4 times in total

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 18:14 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the way all you poor guys bitch about the weather...we get that all year round out here!!! Laughing

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:43 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll have little bitch about the weather. It feckin 42 degrees c outside and there a shit hot wind gettin about too.
Gotta look on the upside though . Its gonna make for a nice ride into indoor soccer tonight. Might even take a cruise past the beach when Im done Thumbs Up
Suffer in ya jocks boys Mr. Green

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ssssssssssh! my mate has been ripping me for days saying its boiling over there in Fremantle. And 0730 Monday morning here in Bolton,England its 6 degrees and pissing it down Crying or Very sad

Nice pictures, you are one lucky person living in a beautiful country Thumbs Up

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool pic fella

and i so want to ive where you do, over here its a good day if you can still fell your fingers after 2mins of riding Sad Mr. Green

riichy

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 12:40 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEN MONKEY wrote:
Ok I'll have little bitch about the weather. It feckin 42 degrees c outside and there a shit hot wind gettin about too.

ok my turn...it's winter here...it hits 30 degrees during the day and cools down nicely to ride during the evening...but last summer we actually got to 50 degrees C!

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics! Thumbs Up

quacker_boy wrote:
ok my turn...it's winter here...it hits 30 degrees during the day and cools down nicely to ride during the evening...but last summer we actually got to 50 degrees C!

Yeah, my dad just got back from Dubai (thats where you are isn't it? or I could be confusing you with someone else), and he showed me his video footage... Surprised it looks bloody amazing out there. Big roads, blue skys, massive builidings, beaches...amazing. I would love to go there oneday.

danzai66
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:05 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm moving my cold london ass out to melbourne in April!

woot!

good to see the biking community is up and strong.

can't wait.

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:33 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmT wrote:
We had a toy run in Joburg last Sunday. ]

I was there selling biker Tees, it was a great day for charity but the rain showers now and then did put a damper on things a little. Not much drag racing & stunts due to the slippery conditions.

Some bikers arrived at the scene pissed out of their minds at 9:00am in the morning, by the time they left they could hardly stand up, never mind ride their bikes home! Sick
The blood donation people gave out 1 pint of beer for 1 pint of blood donated to them. So now you are not only light headed from loss of blood, but fall down drunk as well........Not the best of ideas!!
I saw one bike accident on the way home, but am sure there must have been more.

NSR-Rulez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality photos Thumbs Up

weather over in the UK isnt as bad as every one makes out, in my oppinion wet and cold weather makes riding a bike more fun as it gives you a challenge, hence thats why i am riding throughout the winter again,

Bring on the snow Smile

NSR-Rulez
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That blue naked TLR looks awesome, would have loved to see someone stunting that Thumbs Up

Jack
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2