Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Foggy masks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Foggy masks Reply with quote

I've got one of those Foggy masks that fits in your helmeet to stop visor/glasses misting up.

It works great if I pinch the nose piece down, but then I can't breath through my dose. Am I doing something wrong or is this the best I can hope for?

Yes, I know a fog city would be better, but they are expensive and this was £3 off ebay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Re: Foggy masks Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:
I've got one of those Foggy masks that fits in your helmeet to stop visor/glasses misting up.

It works great if I pinch the nose piece down, but then I can't breath through my dose. Am I doing something wrong or is this the best I can hope for?

Yes, I know a fog city would be better, but they are expensive and this was £3 off ebay.


I cant breath through my dose either, my nose on the other hand...

Laughing

Mine's fine mate, you just need to set them up right, takes a while of fiddling about to be honest, but then they're fine.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:39 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use them and I don't have a problem breathing but the seal could be better. I tend to use a Fog City and a Foggy mask.

I have heard that the Oxford Huff is a better product and cheaper, I might try one when my current foggy mask gets too old.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sarah
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 07 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nice red foggy mask it matches my bike Very Happy

It took me a few days to get it sorted, but I love it now. Don't pinch the nose too tight!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 08 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you really want is
https://www.webbikeworld.com/anti-fog-visor/

Its class you can breath as much as you want and only the outer gets steamed up.
____________________
Current: 2019 Yamaha T7 -> 2015 KTM Superduke R | 2000 Yamaha R1 Past -> 2009 KTM 990 SM -> 2005 kawasaki ZX10r -> 2000 Honda CBR 600 FY -> 2002 Honda XLV 125 Varadero
Bike Pics! -> My Photography Website
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WATCHOUT!
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 08 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and bought a foggy mask yesterday after reading this thread and it's brilliant! I had no idea something this simple would solve the problem so nicely.

If you're having trouble with it, I suggest you move the velcro pad further up -- the mask is at its most comfortable and effective when its upper edge is just under your eyes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:17 - 08 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a cabverg Justissimo and have a fog mask that works with it?

Woould think that the Foggy mask would cause issues when the helmet is flipped.

Any other products you would recommend?
____________________
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.17 Kb