Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

off road driving techniques

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

l0nes0mecr0w
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Dec 2005    Post subject: off road driving techniques Reply with quote

whoever has some off road driving experience, please give the rest of us, common mortal riders, a clue on how to become drillerzzz!

seriously, i need info on how to ride in a berm, exit a turn, go into mud.
i know there are tricks concerning brake and acceleration, posture and steering.
come on,...spit it out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:46 - 08 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of the the above.. just gas it Mr. Green Seriously, faster you go less likely you are to fall off... this has genuinely helped me out no end in my off roading.. if in doubt, gas it! Works 95% of time for me!

Just relax, grip the bike with your knees not your arms else you'll get arm pump and look ahead where you want to go not at the rut/berm/jump etc.. just gas it and you're less likely to fall off, only problem is it usually hurts more when you do fall off Laughing

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:54 - 09 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
Works 95% of time for me!

Heres the other 5%.. Razz

https://www.cwimedia.co.uk/other/misc/Bike%20Pics/KTM%20525%20EXC/Trail%20Riding/ktmoops.jpg
https://www.cwimedia.co.uk/other/misc/Bike%20Pics/KTM%20525%20EXC/Trail%20Riding/ktmoops2.jpg

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 17:56 - 09 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

no looney you're wrong mate Thumbs Down

That's the 95%.. the 5% is when I DONT fall off Wink Laughing Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:32 - 09 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Mr. Green

I think im about the same, if im honest. Embarassed Embarassed

Tom C RX50
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:54 - 22 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quire regularily go round my mates farm on the mtx125. I find the best thing is when riding sat down, like mentioned, grip with the knees, and leg out for bends. Keep the gas on and open up mid bend and the back spins and shoots you out the bend nicely. Wheelies are fun and just rag it really, the faster the better. Twisted Evil
**FOR SALE** Aprilia RX50, full system gianelli exhaust, 70cc MK big bore, MK pro race filter, 20mm Dellorto carb, aftermarket sticker set, small plate, carbon look indicators, new rear tyre, years tax and mot, new chain and sprockets, very fast bike. 1200 ono **FOR SALE**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:07 - 22 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get one o' these Mr. Green

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:33 - 23 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only been on an offroader once
we were told to sit as far forward as possible to put weight over the front wheel

I found it easier to stand on the pegs and ride (especially over rough stuff) but still keeping my weight forward
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1