Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CR500 supermoto?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:00 - 09 Dec 2005    Post subject: CR500 supermoto? Reply with quote

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had a ride on a supermoto'd honda CR500 and what its like on the road as i'm thinking of putting mine on the road but want to make sure its going to be worth the hassle, cheers Dan Thumbs Up

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:15 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had 2 of them on the road mate, DONT do it, fookin mental. mine would wheelie in 5th whilst wheelspining, very scarey, ate a rear tyre off in less then 1000 miles easy. great fun but depends if your on a death wish Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/cr500.gif

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/cr5002.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/cr5004.jpg

Ok, not really a supermoto but cool anyway...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/cr500.jpg

Pictures speak 1000 words. I'd do it if I had the cash!

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:09 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy power band+ light bike= bad news Wink mine would wheelie off the grunt let alone when the band came it, it was a monster on the road, a bit too much to be hounest. if you do it though you will have loads of fun. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:13 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.tattoo wrote:
it was a monster on the road, a bit too much to be hounest. if you do it though you will have loads of fun. Very Happy

What gearing did you have on it?

Ok, upgearing it so that fifth is now third will still make it the same at that rpm at that ratio, but gives you the option of higher ratios.

Always quite fancied something like that myself.

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:31 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
mr.tattoo wrote:
it was a monster on the road, a bit too much to be hounest. if you do it though you will have loads of fun. Very Happy

What gearing did you have on it?

Ok, upgearing it so that fifth is now third will still make it the same at that rpm at that ratio, but gives you the option of higher ratios.

Always quite fancied something like that myself.

i had the smallest rear and biggest front i could fit on. was still mental, other than change the internal gearing you couldnt do much else.. it was WHEELIE good fun Very Happy you gota own or have a go on one in your life time. there rapid offroad and the back wheel spins most of the time, amagine it gripping on tarmac. Surprised

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:36 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, wanna give one a go sometime.

For a while I did ride a 143hp (rear wheel) zx9r geared for about 140mph, then 150mph - so have done the whole stupidly fast bikes thing (may even get it back on the road this year!).

Have a ktm 350 2 stroke enduro at the mo which is way, way faster than me off road Smile.

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:24 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just sold a 158bhp blade, had all the big stuff, nitrous exup ect, loads of 4 stroke motards, loads of 2 smokes , well put it this way ive had 50 bikes this year!! and outa all of them the cr500 scared the shite outa me. theres one cheap for sale on visordown.com 250 with 500 lump. i had both of mine for about a month each, and thats too long really Laughing exeleration will pretty much do any bikes on the road if you can keep the front down and not flip it, great bikes if you like the wheelies Very Happy

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:00 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh sod it Very Happy its got to be done, getting some rims for it next weekend and going to start work on it this week, tidying it up and getting a few lights sorted. I have ridden it on the road with the knobblies on and it scared me to death even though it just spun up all the time, can't imagine what its like when its got grip Very Happy
Posting pics within the next few weeks. Thumbs Up Dan

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:35 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you life insurance?? Laughing man your forearms are gona ache like a bastad Wink

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

He he, I can't wait to see this! Post some pics when it's done!

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:00 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a pic of the cr as it is at the minute i think it should be sorted and on the road within 4 weeks as the dvla do take a while registering bikes. Meanwhile plastics all need replacing powdercoat the frame etc.. get it looking the dogs as well. Very Happy Thumbs Up Dan

mr.tattoo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:25 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy sun decent sunglases mate as you will be looking into the sky most of the time, and the rest on your ass when it flips you off, good luck Laughing

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 15 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn these things look cool, spikeR on this forum has a derbi senda that hes put a cr500 lump in.

Spike_R
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 06:55 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

did i hear you call?

heres mine..

https://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8323/01030615051ls.jpg

its hard to describe how it rides, but theres no 'middle point' with this bike, if youre gonna ride it you gotta thrash it, thats what motocross engines were designed for, due to the age and mods the engine in mine has 65ish bhp at the rear wheel, it was geared for 115mph (15-34) and it wheelied at 90odd mph, crackers bike, not for wimps Smile

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 12:30 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks mental.

Where did you have yours dynoed at Spike?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:32 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike_R wrote:
crackers bike, not for wimps Smile

WTF are you doing with it then? The video i saw of you riding it, it looked like you was in fourth and at less then a quarter revs. No wonder its "running shit". Wink

@dom - AFAIK it hasnt been on a dyno. Hasnt got tax or an mot, either, but theres no suprise there, after looking at the bodge's hes done on the frame to get that 500 in there. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1