Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hardcore bikers beat insomnia... by getting very cold *Video

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 11:42 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Hardcore bikers beat insomnia... by getting very cold *Video Reply with quote

Bit of an epic here kiddies...

Right me and rob (klr600) were discussing on MSN how immensely boring being wide awake at 4.30 is.
He then fiendishly suggested a ride. But at 5 in the morning... Thinking

Could we be /that/ insane. In wales. In the cold and wet. With our two bikes both legally old enough to fuck.

We picked a suitable meeting point inbetween our respective bunkers, and set about planning. I started trying to start the bike at around 5 o'clock. By about 5.30, i was just about on my way (see battery thread Wink) so i gave rob the go ahead.

Now wales, as you may have gathered, isn't the warmest of places at the best of times. Its also ruddy pitch black. And i mean 100% nothing. The SMOD as you know is well and truly fucked, thus i spent the whole time peering beadily into the next frost covered hairpin.
The main amusement of the ten miles or so there was spinning the rear the entire way through second and the length of a rather long straight road.

I eventually arrived at our meeting place at around 6, and within a few minutes Rob arrived. Having both braved the elements getting there, we decided we had proved we were hardcore, and just sat there talking for 2 hours. It was a good giggle. There was much rejoicing.
I've decided i am getting him to come out with me and get hideously drunk in a student rock night Thumbs Up.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/Chillin.jpg

Suffice to say, it was dark by en large. And the SMOD remained ugly. Very very ugly.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/scenery2.jpg

Anyway after some 2 hours of pro plused shenanigans, mainly involving us taking photos in the darkness hoping something would be mildly discernable (it never was), as soon as it got light we decided to jog on.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/Urmm.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/rob7894.jpg

After the grand kerfuffle of getting our bikes started we were off.
I spent the entire time wheelspinning and backfiring (meh, shoot me).
I forget to mention i somehow demolised my back brake (you never know how useful it is till you donts got one) hence the dodgy footwork you will see soon in the video coming up.

After a few tentative miles we stopped so i could toast my gloves on the zorst. Now the real fun began. I went to do a little burnout. Dead battery. After throwing it down this hill and rebumping it, it lived. For the duration of one burnout. It then died, again. And again. And again. Rob then had a go bumping it.

Got it going, and as you will see in the clip, the smod might have an ickle problem or two Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil By the way, if you think the clip sounds loud, you should been there in the flesh... Sweet jesus.

Anyway we then decided to call it a day, or night... well call it a merry debacle and fuck off home. Rob kindly agreed to follow me for a little bit (there was some debate on the likelyhood of it spontaneously combusting after the previous ahem... issues).

Rob at one point overtook me to give chase to some mad welsh bint in a corsa. He lost her Mr. Green

I was half expecting to find her in a bush somewhere. Sadly not.

I nearly crashed when he overtook me (target fixation on curb), and i nearly went in the back of someone (again, i miss my back brake) a little later. But other then that fun was had by all, i got home alive, and more importantly i only kicked the smod once...
(it dropped from first into neutral without me knowing, racing starts look better in gear Shocked ).

So, its a mini adventure.

Vids of me being a twat to come later Thumbs Up
And im sure ive forgotten plenty, so Rob can fill you in on anything else...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Last edited by Visitor Q on 20:35 - 12 Dec 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That corsa (that was actually a golf) was about 6 inches from my back tyre for about 3/4 of a mile when I was following you home and it quite annoyed me so I saw it fit to give chase.......untill I remembered my bike tops out at 80mph because of stupid restrictions Evil or Very Mad.

I'd also like to mention here that the KLR also has no rear brake so you're not alone there bonny Smile .

I see you happened to forget to mention all those backfires you did past every bus stop with school kids waiting for buses at them, leaving me in fits of laughter watching them all having mild heart failure!

It would look like from the pics that we just rolled up around lunch time but here is some (kind of) proof that we were there before sunrise.....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/Face.jpg

That's me and bonny with a torch....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/bike.jpg

And that was a biker who went passed at about 6:30am and kindly beeped at us Thumbs Up.

Seriously though, I'm scared of the SMOD.......

Last edited by KLR600 on 12:11 - 12 Dec 2005; edited 1 time in total

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 12:08 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

KLR600 wrote:

Seriously though, I'm scared of the SMOD.......

Twisted Evil

Mate i fear it aswell... You dont have to try and emergency stop the bastard. Handles like a fudge covered lisa riley. It just aint fun.

Nice bit of grunt for wheelspinning though Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And yeh when i got there to start with it was 100% pitch black, hence us staying there (my headlights were dyno driven by then Crying or Very sad)

And dont worry rob, you coulda caught the bint (hell i had to practically stop to let the bint by).

I'll admit, im the slowest rider in the world when its abit dodgy under tyre, especially on the SMOD....
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing .........................one word

welsh Rolling Eyes Wink Thumbs Up

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 12:31 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun pointing and laughing.

And riichy, im english innit.

Vid here boyo

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo you gota love the bike wobble Laughing Thumbs Up

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like a ride in -0Âșc conditions in the dark to wake you up, (lucky me thats every day at the moment)

ummmm whats this fearsome sounding SMOD? Shifty

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:07 - 12 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.z wrote:

ummmm whats this fearsome sounding SMOD? Shifty

That'll be my aged vfr 750.

Sewing Machine Of Death

So named because it sounds like a dodgy typewriter, and cos its a deathtrap.

The rear brake literally stopped working... like the mechanism. Weird as hell.

And annoyingly the video of the carb problem back fires didnt come out, that rocked. Its testament to how loud they were that it blanked the audio everytime it happened Shocked .

Oh and Riichy the wobble was on account of the complete lack of grip. So i had to be on it to get it to bump, and its a tossing heavy bike so its an erm, interesting bike to bump (and dis after youve bumped a 90brake 200kilo bike Laughing, respect to rob for that Wink)

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 16 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You crazy duo, I was struggling for warmth under a double quilt at that time, must've been crazy on a bike! Have you gained any respect for wales yet bonny?

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 01:22 - 16 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
You crazy duo, I was struggling for warmth under a double quilt at that time, must've been crazy on a bike! Have you gained any respect for wales yet bonny?

Erm....

Maybe...

its hard to respect peoples who's arguments for whose country is the best ALWAYS ends up at 'our flag is cooler cos it has a dragon on it'...

And getting a welsh speaker to do the alphabet... Oooh so funny Laughing

Some REALLY fit welsh girl was doing the welsh alphabet the other day... Sweet jesus h christ it was hard not to giggle. Cute bint tho she is Drooling

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:43 - 16 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

its hard to respect peoples who's arguments for whose country is the best ALWAYS ends up at 'our flag is cooler cos it has a dragon on it'...

Oi oi, less of your lip boio.........

Dischord wrote:
I was struggling for warmth under a double quilt at that time, must've been crazy on a bike!

Well I was wearing 2 pairs of trousers, 4 t-shirts and 2 jumpers aswell as my jacket so I was ok Thumbs Up Very Happy.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 04:45 - 16 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

KLR600 wrote:

Oi oi, less of your lip boio.........

*pidgeon chests and sqeaks in a tinhead from brookside voice* You starting mate

Lol you aint /that/ welsh though. Thats why i love ya WinkShhh!

But you did think a nothing crime was heist of the century Laughing (probably the best philosophy)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1