Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

to fix or not to fix?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 13 Dec 2005    Post subject: to fix or not to fix? Reply with quote

OK so if you didnt read my post about it a few weeks back i got knocked off my bike by some blind ass car driver. well i've since had the bike written off and had a fat cheque through Very Happy

i've decided to have my bike back since i was only gonna get £100 salvage for it i thought i could either part it out (doesn't look like there'll be many parts left) or f*ck about with it Twisted Evil

here's the engineers report:

>IMPACT - the vehicle has suffered moderate collision damage to >the l/h side.
>
>DAMAGE - new parts required:- front brake lever, front brake lever >rubber gator, front brake master cylinder, mirrors x 2, bar end >weights, front flasher, front mudguard, l/h fork leg lower with >seals, fly screen, fly screen brackets, seat, rear brake lever, r/h f>ootrest, r/h footrest mounting bracket, l/h footrest, l/h footrest >mounting bracket, exhaust heatshield, r/hr seat cowl, l/hr seat >cowl, decals, chain guard, rear wheel, rear wheel bearings, rear >wheel spokes, rear wheel spindle, chain adjusters, rear lamp unit, >rear mudguard assembly, rear flashers, speedo outer chrome >casing, clutch lever, frame, kick start and shaft.
>
>REPAIR COSTS - no estimate has been obtained for repairing the >vehicle but we have calculated the time involved in such a repair >and we consider that a resonable labour charge would be >£480.00. the cost of the necessary new parts would be approx >£2,250.00, and the VAT liability on the total would amount to >some $495.25 giving a total repair cost of £3,325.25 subject to >undisclosed damage.
>
>CONDITION - the vehicle was found to be in fairly good condition.
>
>VALUATION - according to the information available to us the >vehicle was first registered in March 2004. Glass's Guide retail >value for vehicles of this type and age is £1,200.00. we place the >pre-accident value of this particular vehicle at £1,200.00.
>

obviously it would cost me a few bob to make it road legal again but what would you fix to make it alright for messing about of road for a laugh?

i haven't got it back yet but plan on using it to familiarise me with bike engines n stuff Smile

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:22 - 14 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel you need to browse some of the pictures available on the following website:

https://www.hardlyrideable.co.uk/

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 14 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

not quite sure what i've to gain from that site, and its hairy man in shower pics, but thanks anyway Confused

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 14 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1z3R wrote:
thanks.

not quite sure what i've to gain from that site, and its hairy man in shower pics, but thanks anyway Confused

There's some inspirational stuff on there! Razz As a ragging about pisstake machine, a rebuilt scooter like some of those on there would be a fantastic device. The car did most of the ratting for you, you've just got to finish it off. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 14 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been enlightened Shocked

although thats not what i had in mind to be honest, i'd still like it to look like a bike Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1