Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Christ...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 17 Dec 2005    Post subject: Christ... Reply with quote

Well, last night I had my scariest biking incident.

Was just popping up the shops, and I'd literally just pulled out of my turning. There doing roadworks along my road so there's always a load of traffic that I filter past. Anyway, just filtering past this traffic probably a 100 yards from my house doing about 15-20mph when I got next to a big 4x4. Well, next thing I just see some kid about 2 foot in front of me. He'd just run out through the cars without having a look. I slammed the brakes on and just clipped his leg, probably doing about 5mph. He just ran off and I didn't get to see who it was, cos I might of known. Suffice to say it scared the shit out of me, cant believe how close I was to mowing him down, and if it wasn't for the fact that I always ride covering my brakes it could of been a lot worse.

Shocked
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:51 - 17 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry - You'll get him next time Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 17 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Don't worry - You'll get him next time Thumbs Up


LOL.

Thing is, if I'd of hit him it would of been made out as my fault. But he literally ran in between the cars, without looking at all. If I'd been one second earlier he'd of been roadkill.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 17 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens again. Your next stop should be the police station to report it. It is a legal requirement if you have an accident with a pedestrian.

The kid might not have reported it but the world is full of interfering busybodies who would jump at the oppertunity to phone the police with your registration number and report a hit and run. The police will then gleefully take up the chance to nip round to your house arrest you for failure to stop and report and take a big dump on your driving licence.

I speak from experience. There were two coppers actually sat in my folks kitchen (which was the address the bike was registered to) by the time I got home from the police station. They had driven ten mles to get there after a 'concerned member of the public' had reported a hit and run. I was able to send them packing by reading them the incident report number down the phone to them.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:18 - 17 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually knocked someone down on my bike, in a similar situation.

Was the worst thing I've ever been through.

Police said it wasn't my fault and the woman was OK, but she tried to get across the road before I went past, rather than after and quite seriously misjudged it.

Still, I didn't stop shaking for about three days afterward.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 45.53 Kb