Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Reccomend some gloves?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reccomend some gloves? Reply with quote

Summer type gloves, cheaper the better but I want something that won't fall to pieces.. Short cuff (mx type) would be prefered... not sure which gloves to go for really...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some Alpinestars S-MX2 which I use in good weather. Had them about a year and are holding up well. I prefer gloves without gaunlets so I can wear them under my cuffs. https://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/moto_gloves_frst.htm
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some HG Tuareg gloves last year. Ultra minimalist gloves. Very comfy and seem to be holding out OK. You can get small change out of your pockets with them on.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
I've got some Alpinestars S-MX2 which I use in good weather. Had them about a year and are holding up well. I prefer gloves without gaunlets so I can wear them under my cuffs. https://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/moto_gloves_frst.htm


Cheers, just spotted the SP-S on there, bit more than I was looking to pay but that sort of style is what I'm after.. £45 buy now on ebay but from Ireland or something Confused

Anyone know of any other makes of short cuff gloves like Hein Gericke?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about these...

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MCYCLE&pcode=ALS358264-10L

Or these...

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MCYCLE&pcode=ALS355903-L10
____________________
- Typhoon ?0 - Yamaha DT125R - Aprilia SR125 - Yamaha DT125R - Honda Hornet 600 -
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Rocket Phoenix. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

primalcarl
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any MX mates? Someone I know gets all his stuff from a place in Bristol. I occassionally get real cheap Oakley stuff through him
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sanchezz_182
Crazy Courier



Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 09 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

my summer gloves are , clover rs3...... pricey but one of the most comfy gloves iv every tryd,
____________________
no sig, thats gay!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:13 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, think I'm gonna look for a pair of those Alpinestars SMX 2 if I can find a pair on ebay or something.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jayluvmito
Crazy Courier



Joined: 15 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to wear a brillaint pair of joe rocket short cuff gloves. carbon knucles etc. now i just wear mx gloves. had to serious offs with them and they stood up fine.
____________________
one day...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought some summer ones from Scott leathers, £50 bargin in my view, tought, comfy, and look good too Razz im wearing them now with thermal inner gloves, not had a problem yet.

here's a picture, sorry its dire.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:02 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked this question a while ago and the genral consencus seemed to be that alpinestars SP2 or something were good. Trusting the voice of BCF i went out and got some, fantastic gloves best I owned.

Held together nicely and I use them daily rain or shine.
Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Parmo Paul
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:20 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got these...

https://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/cPath/1_2_6/products_id/157

Just £35 but with hard armour and kangaroo skin palms.
____________________
paul.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parmo Paul wrote:
I got these...

https://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/cPath/1_2_6/products_id/157

Just £35 but with hard armour and kangaroo skin palms.


It says theyre waterproof too, might go through and try a pair on Thumbs Up
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.38 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 80.26 Kb