Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Good news for BSB fans.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Biking News & Rumours by Korn (28 Feb 2006 - 20:20)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Good news for BSB fans. Reply with quote

Just read in the paper this morning that all the BSB rounds this year are going to be screened LIVE on ITV.

They will be taking over from Sky Sports.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 10:05 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's brilliant news Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 10:32 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic News!

I hope ITV cover the races well with a minimum number of adverts at crucial moments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 10:35 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Fantastic News!

I hope ITV cover the races well with a minimum number of adverts at crucial moments.

Only time will tell eh! I hope it's throughout the country too and not just regional?

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 11:34 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:

You can guarantee that you'll get a well placed advert for Cillit Bang! just at the wrong moment.

BANG! and the bikes are gone! Laughing

danzai66
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:43 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

and perhaps the 'bennets bikes' will continue to fly down my ruddy red colon and fly out of my butt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 13:17 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!! Very Happy

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb Thumbs Up I've been waiting for more racing action on terrestrial TV. Apart from MotoGP, the only races they show are highlights from the R6 cup at midnight on channel 5.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 13:56 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

From https://www.britishsuperbike.com

Monday 9th January 2006

ITV1 TO BROADCAST BENNETTS BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP

The Promoter and Organisers of Britain's premier motorsport series, the Bennetts British Superbike Championship, today announced a major development for the Series with the news that Britain's largest commercial broadcaster, ITV, will broadcast the championship, with planned live coverage of all of this season's 13 events on their prime network terrestrial channel, ITV1.

Currently subject to contract, the new TV package, which covers initially the 2006 and 2007 seasons, with an option to extend further into the future, is an important step forward for BSB, as well as marking the return of top level motorcycle racing to the channel for the first time since the 1980's when the ITV World of Sport Superbike Challenge thrilled TV viewers with epic battles between the likes of the late-Barry Sheene, Ron Haslam (father of current BSB star Leon), Wayne Gardner and Randy Mamola.

Dorna UK Managing Director, Tony Partis was delighted with the deal, commenting: "This is an incredibly positive development for the Bennetts British Superbike Championship and we are thrilled that ITV is to cover the series with live coverage. We are continually looking at ways to improve the appeal of BSB and this is fantastic news for everyone associated with the championship - manufacturers, teams, sponsors and, most importantly, our fans."

MCRCB-Events BSB Series Director, Stuart Higgs added: "All BSB programmes will be scheduled on Sunday afternoons as well as three Bank Holiday Monday events, and we will work closely with ITV to refine the final format of each programme. This represents a tremendous opportunity to showcase the spectacle of the Series to its biggest ever potential audience."

Mark Sharman, ITV Controller of Sport, commented: "The British Superbike Championship provides genuine sports entertainment – high quality racing with plenty of thrills. We also have some exciting young riders coming through, so I’m delighted to bring this series to a wider audience. ITV’s motorsport portfolio includes Formula 1, the World Rally Championship and the British Touring Car Championship."

Thumbs Up Mr. Green

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, i like skysports comentary. they always ended up talking about something compleetly random...

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:05 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Woo apart from the eurosport coverage of MOTOGP, this will be the next best thing Very Happy

Woop

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 16:13 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It better not end up like Channel 4's coverage of last year's BSB which was patheitc, and that's being kind.

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent news, but not so much for my dad as he's just forked out money for SKY, so he could watch that this year.

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:37 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
It better not end up like Channel 4's coverage of last year's BSB which was patheitc, and that's being kind.

Channel 4 covered BSB last year? Shocked
Anyways, its great news that its on ITV now, as thir sports coverage is usually good!

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 18:48 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Channel 4 covered BSB last year?

Precisely. Most of them were shown at 4am and not advertised at all. Pathetic.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 19:47 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when BSB races are on at the same time as the F1? OR have ITV lost the cars for next year?
J

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 10 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITV still have the F1 contract. Tbh, given their previous record I would expect BSB to be delayed or moved to one of ITV's other channels for the regular clashes.

Still great news though. Thumbs Up

MarkyPancake
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:10 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably old news to you all now, but I thought I would put this information into one post.

ITV is going to cover Superbikes live:

britishsuperbike.com wrote:
The Promoter and Organisers of Britain's premier motorsport series, the Bennetts British Superbike Championship, today announced a major development for the Series with the news that Britain's largest commercial broadcaster, ITV, will broadcast the championship, with planned live coverage of all of this season's 13 events on their prime network terrestrial channel, ITV1.

Currently subject to contract, the new TV package, which covers initially the 2006 and 2007 seasons, with an option to extend further into the future, is an important step forward for BSB, as well as marking the return of top level motorcycle racing to the channel for the first time since the 1980's when the ITV World of Sport Superbike Challenge thrilled TV viewers with epic battles between the likes of the late-Barry Sheene, Ron Haslam (father of current BSB star Leon), Wayne Gardner and Randy Mamola.

Dorna UK Managing Director, Tony Partis was delighted with the deal, commenting: 'This is an incredibly positive development for the Bennetts British Superbike Championship and we are thrilled that ITV is to cover the series with live coverage. We are continually looking at ways to improve the appeal of BSB and this is fantastic news for everyone associated with the championship - manufacturers, teams, sponsors and, most importantly, our fans.'

MCRCB-Events BSB Series Director, Stuart Higgs added: 'All BSB programmes will be scheduled on Sunday afternoons as well as three Bank Holiday Monday events, and we will work closely with ITV to refine the final format of each programme. This represents a tremendous opportunity to showcase the spectacle of the Series to its biggest ever potential audience.'

Mark Sharman, ITV Controller of Sport, commented: 'The British Superbike Championship provides genuine sports entertainment – high quality racing with plenty of thrills. We also have some exciting young riders coming through, so I’m delighted to bring this series to a wider audience. ITV’s motorsport portfolio includes Formula 1, the World Rally Championship and the British Touring Car Championship.'

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/vsite/vcontent/content/news/0,10869,4857-163956-181173-30043-222639-news-item,00.html

There is speculation that race one will be a slightly delayed broadcast so they can put an advert in the middle without missing any action.

Sky Sports is going to show delayed coverage including the support races on the evening of race day:

britishsuperbike.com wrote:
Sky Sports will show all 6 races from each round of the 2006 and 2007 British Superbike seasons.

In an exciting new deal, Sky Sports will show delayed coverage from the Superbike, Supersport, 125cc, Superstock and Virgin Mobile Yamaha R6 Cup at each of the 13 scheduled events, starting at Brands Hatch on Sunday 26 March.

Sky Sports who have followed the British Superbike Championship for the last three years will schedule their coverage on the evening of each Round. Alongside this deal, ITV will show live terrestrial coverage of British Superbikes as announced last week.

Announcing the new arrangement, Tony Partis, Managing Director, Dorna UK Ltd: "Everybody connected with the Bennetts British Superbike Championship is very pleased to continue an association with Sky Sports. They have been good to work with, built a loyal following for the sport, and will now show a greater depth of coverage than before. Their professionalism and enthusiasm will not only benefit the Bennetts British Superbike Championship but also the compelling support races.

He continued; "The new television arrangements are a testament to the hard work put in by the teams and riders to provide such enthralling entertainment for the viewers."

Stuart Higgs, Events Director MCRCB Events Ltd: "I'm delighted that Sky Sports will continue to follow the Championship, taking them into a fourth consecutive year. Their depth of coverage, in particular of the supporting categories, is very important and of course very popular with our fan base and teams alike."

Sue Ashworth, Manager Production and Commercial Development, British Sky Broadcasting Ltd: "We have built a loyal following for Superbikes and will now show all the races from each event giving greater depth of coverage for our British Superbike fans.

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/vsite/vcontent/content/news/0,10869,4857-163956-181173-30043-225453-news-item,00.html

lurker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:01 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well there goes my sunday afternoon rides.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 20:18 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
woo, should edge out F1 when people start seeing what real racing is like.

"omg that bloke just over took some one"
"eh whats this more that 3 people are on the same lap?"

Smile

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 21:08 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love watching the racing. Going to see it on the 26th march woot. Cool

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
Love watching the racing. Going to see it on the 26th march woot. Cool

Me too. Managed to blag some VIP pit passes as a guest of IFP Honda Supersport team. Thumbs Up

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd you manage that one?

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone at work was offered them but cant go. So I asked for 3 passes. Should have them next week.

Aparently he gets to go to alot of events, but not many bike ones, mainly cars.

Thumbs Up

GBUK101
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:13 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news Laughing I'm going to my first live event this year at croft so hopefully it will not rain Rain
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2