Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

cheapish mountain bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:38 - 13 Jan 2006    Post subject: [WANTED] cheapish mountain bike Reply with quote

I'm lookijng for a cheapish mountain bike - budget is under £150.

The reason I want it is for a 'project' involving making it look more like a motorbike.

If all my plans come to fruition, it will end up with motorbike fairings and wheels. If I do manage this (no need to tell me how stupid it is, don't worry, I do have plans!), then I may put some of the stuff from the bike I'm looking to buy on my Orange MsIsle which is sorely in need of pretty much everything!

If we're talking the top end of the price range, then I'd be expecting some decentish compents that I could use/reuse.

I'm tempted by a full suspension bike (the shock doesn't have to be good quality as probably won't be used) - as I think it would make altering the rear end easier, if I do end up going for a rear motorbike wheel as well as front.

UKRobT309
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:21 - 13 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a couple of mountain bikes up for grabs. Ones a Raleigh and in fantastic condition as it aint been used much and the other ones like new and some odd make. No suspension on either of them though. No, your not having my Trek Very Happy
I doubt theyre what your lookin for but but the Raleigh is 40 quid and the other one is 30 quid. Special deal, you can have em both for 70 quid Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:01 - 13 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got pictures (don't go to any hassle if not)?

Though, to be honest, if I'm going for something cheap in that kind of price range I'll probably just get something local out of adtrader, as it's less hassle.

UKRobT309
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:14 - 13 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Got pictures (don't go to any hassle if not)?

Though, to be honest, if I'm going for something cheap in that kind of price range I'll probably just get something local out of adtrader, as it's less hassle.

No pics mate but the Raleigh has got BMX bars and one of them diamond back yoke thingies which is quite posh.
There here anyway. Very Happy

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 14:21 - 14 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A road bike would be a much better idea IMO, the wheel from a motobike would make it wear you out in two mins!

why not get a ebayed track fairing and should look enough with that? i could be wrong just an idea!lol

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:25 - 14 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

g wrote:
(no need to tell me how stupid it is, don't worry, I do have plans!)

kthnx, as goose would say.

To give you an idea - first thing will be to put some weights on the mountain bike and see if I can still ride it.
If this works, I will then start with the front end.
If it's rideable with the heabier front end I'll then repeat the procedures with the rear.

I will already have fairings from my race bike to go on it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:30 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

C'mon, I'll do a free signed photo of me mid heart-attack!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1