|
|
| Author |
Message |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:24 - 15 Jan 2006 Post subject: When should I change up/down and what should I cruise at? |
 |
|
When should I change?
I got myself a new Z750S a couple of months ago. I'm still "running it in" - the first 500 miles was max 4,000 rpm, the next 500 miles is max 6,000 rpm. I've pretty much been following this so far (at 750 miles now). Because of that, I haven't really worked out where I should be changing up (I'm not talking about maximum acceleration, just general riding) and what rpm I should "cruise" at?
Max BHP (rear wheel) is 101 at just under 11,000 rpm. Torque (max 52) is pretty flat from 4,000 rpm.
Dyno output is below: ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kb-zxr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kb-zxr Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:36 - 15 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Crusie where ever you want mate
You have several options -
Lower revs for good mpg
High revs for good response
I tend to find a nice sounding rev in a certain gear and hang about there  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| craigs23 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 craigs23 Mr Muscle

Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| doggone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 doggone World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:55 - 15 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
City/town riding.
Up Shift:
1st - 2nd 12mph
2nd - 3rd 19mph
3rd - 4th 25mph
4th - 5th 31mph
5th - 6th 37mph
Down shift:
6th - 5th 31mph
5th - 4th 25mph
4th - 3rd 19mph ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mrchips |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mrchips World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:43 - 15 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
For commuting I'd generally just use first to get me moving then shift about 4-5k, for a spirited ride i'd usually take it up to 7 or 8 grand then if I'm going for it it will be up to the red. ____________________ Northern Irish? www.nibikers.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| vfr800 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 vfr800 Spanner Monkey
Joined: 28 Oct 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:30 - 15 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ride it like you stole it  ____________________ don't take it easy 'ride it like you stole it' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| riichy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 riichy World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:29 - 16 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
you gat a z750......there is only one way to ride it..and thats up in the red line  ____________________ .......... PLOD ............ zx636 2004 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 269 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|