Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fastest 125cc 2 stroke supermoto/enduro

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:29 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Fastest 125cc 2 stroke supermoto/enduro Reply with quote

What's the fastest 125cc 2 stroke supermoto/enduro for about £1000? Cheers.

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:13 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Re: Fastest 125cc 2 stroke supermoto/enduro Reply with quote

moog wrote:
What's the fastest 125cc 2 stroke supermoto/enduro for about £1000? Cheers.

For what purpose, what type of riding?

If you want fast top speed, why are you going for this style of bike?

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:43 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For riding to work and back occassionally, and the odd green laning ride out. I don't plan on using it too much, maybe 50 miles a week, but want something that'll do 80-85 mph.

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:44 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a good condition 2 stroke like the DT or KMX - look for a derestricted one with a powervalve.
85 may be pushing it a bit, my dr600 only did a bit over that.

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:02 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that the Aprilia rx/mx's and Cagiva Supercity's are fairly rapid, but a DT is probably closer to what I am looking for. Hadn't considered the KMX though.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:08 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know the aprilia is quite hard to find, relatively less reliable and more expensive.

The cagiva won't handle off road so well I expect.

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:20 - 18 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably go for the DT then. Sounds like the best all round bet.

Thanks for your help G.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:37 - 19 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda CRM 125 if you can get one, i have and love it, rode and owned both DT and KMX and its much faster than them both.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:47 - 19 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much, much harder to find, and when I have seen them, they've usually been expensive.

Good if you can get one though at an ok price, I agree.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For supermoto you'll be wanting one of these.
https://www.auto-teile-motorrad.de/assets/images/HQ-05-SM125S.jpg

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:56 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who bought my old RX125 is selling it. https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aprilia-RX-125-1995-fast-learner-legal-not-rs-mito_W0QQitemZ4604728156QQcategoryZ9913QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That bike used to do 150kph at a push, but was capable of 120kph all day, and I used to regularly put RS125s in their place on it Very Happy

Mik

minibongo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:33 - 21 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking about getting a husky 125 but now i am going to get a honda cr 125

angelo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:58 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could do a lot worse than a gilera apache, 30 bhp light as a feather and I got mine with 4000K on the clock for £525, virtualy disposable!

A

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:02 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRM125 on ebay now if anyone's interested. Under £500 with no reserve at the moment, but sure it'll go up.

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:06 - 11 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a CRM 125 for sale

petrolhead
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:02 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: GET THE CRM Reply with quote

GO FOR THE CRM I OWN ONE, THERE SO RELIABLE AND FAST. A BIG BIKE ASWELL FOR SIZE OF ENGINE 125. BEST OPTION IN MY OPINION

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:32 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

one here:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4613584511&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, you want a ktm 125, the sexiest 125 supermoto I have ever seen https://www.crazymoto.net/index.php?showtopic=47434

petrolhead
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

honda crm 125 got to be the best i love mine to bits
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1