Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Air Filter Question...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

BenBray
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 23 Jan 2006    Post subject: Air Filter Question... Reply with quote

In my owners manual it states that my air cleaner is a non-woven fabric element. In the air cleaner section of "Inspection and Maintenance", it states that to clean it you use pressurized air.

Just thought I'd make sure I'm doing things right. I shouldnt oil the filter should I? The filter itself is white so I'm assuming no oil was used by the previous owner. I'm only doubting myself after a conversation with someone on MSN

Ben
____________________
Current Bike: nc30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BFG
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 23 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely. It's K&N aftermarket type filters that need oiling, or sponge type on off-road bikes.

Original manufacturer items don't need oiling. Personally I would always replace rather than clean. Use compressed air if you have a compressor. Or if it's filthy you could use a vacuum cleaner to suck some of the dirt out as a short term fix, but replacement is best IMHO.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BenBray
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:28 - 23 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought as much - just needed some reassurance. Thanks dude

Cool bike in your avatar btw Very Happy

Ben
____________________
Current Bike: nc30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 259 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.31 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 34.92 Kb