Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mother Funkin' Piece of Shoite Bulbs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:20 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Mother Funkin' Piece of Shoite Bulbs Reply with quote

Morning folks!

I need to replace the headlight bulb on the GS500, but as my fairing is pretty much welded on I have to remove it blind by squeezing my great fat hands between the fairing and the fork. Rolling Eyes

To save me a bit of Helen Keller style detective work, does anyone with the faired version know how the bulb/holder pops out?

Ta very mooch.

ps It's this version of the fairing:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/dance_like_a_monkey/ChrisBike001.jpg


Last edited by DanceLikeAMonkey on 18:19 - 29 Jan 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Guest
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:34 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be something like this. You really need to be able to see what you're doing to get the rubber boot off and then spring the clip apart.

When fitting the new lamp (it'll only go in one way as the tabs are offset) avoid touching the glass part with your fingers.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You really need to be able to see what you're doing to get the rubber boot off and then spring the clip apart.

Bugger, looks like I'll have to start drilling out the bolts then. Mad

Why couldn't they have made an access panel on the fairing!

Cheers anyway. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Mother Funkin' Piece of Soite Bulbs Reply with quote

This is really starting to piss me off now (as if the title wasn't a clue! Laughing )

How the heck do you remove a bulb like this from it's holder? The metal bit is all one piece as far as I can tell, so I assume that the bulb is slotted into it, but I pulled it as hard as I dared, and it still wouldn't budge!

(oh and now that I have got this far, my main beam has decided that it won't work either - I am hoping it's something to do with removing the bulb from it base and not that I have pulled a wire loose!)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/dance_like_a_monkey/100_0318.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Superlight
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Re: Mother Funkin' Piece of Soite Bulbs Reply with quote

DanceLikeAMonkey wrote:
This is really starting to piss me off now (as if the title wasn't a clue! Laughing )

How the heck do you remove a bulb like this from it's holder? The metal bit is all one piece as far as I can tell, so I assume that the bulb is slotted into it, but I pulled it as hard as I dared, and it still wouldn't budge!


Hi, not sure what you're asking. If the bulb in the picture is the failed one, you have removed it. It looks like an H3, so all you need to do now is disconnect the wire that comes out of the back of the metal part. It'll only be a few cm's long, so you should be able to see the spade connector.

I assume you were taking the old bulb out before you bought a replacement. The attached pic is an H3 complete.

If I've missed something, explain the problem and I'll try again. Thumbs Up
____________________
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move but should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move but does, use the Duct Tape.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, that's actually the same picture that I have just stumbled upon about 3 minutes ago!

Before I saw that I assumed that the bit I was holding was a bulb and a holder, not a one piece. I've never seen one like that before.

I'll yank it off tomorrow and get myself a replacement.

Cheers. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Guest
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DLAM, my pic was from the GS manual for the unfaired model - I didn't reckon there'd be that much difference. My headlamp is the same shape as yours (fully faired Suzuki) but that takes a conventional dual filament lamp like this

https://www.rallylights.com/hella/hella%20images/h4-3.jpg

Still, that's progress eh? Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem mate. I'll let you off... this time! Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 2.83 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 57.25 Kb