91%  [ 54 ]
Leave them alone you arrogant bastard.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 59

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding an exhaust too some bikes makes sence! The CBR6RR overfuels as standard and with the additon of an aftermarket end can it runs as it should.

This is not my excuse however. I had no problem with adding a louder Can to my RR to make it sound as fast as it was, and the Rim tape was a tarty decision of course. Same with the colour of the DB, which I do not accept responsibility for, that was the previous owner.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:03 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
Adding an exhaust too some bikes makes sence! The CBR6RR overfuels as standard and with the additon of an aftermarket end can it runs as it should.

Laughing . To fix the fueling you fit an aftermarket exhaust which will need the fueling fiddlign with to work anyway Wink .

Strangest thing is some of the total bodges that are done on modified cars and bikes. Like cars groaning under half a ton of filler and bikes with gapping holes for the standard indicators around there tiny cheap indicator that flashes virtually invisably.

All the best

Keith

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 18:14 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
There was a thing on 5th gear ages ago i saw about modified saxo's. There was one guy who was about 25 and spent 25k on his saxo. Shocked I have to be fair it didn't look too bad (dont normally like done up cars) but it was a fucking 1.1 engine. Laughing

I laughed so much, what an absolute tool he could have a tvr for that. Resale value about £3k and it goes slower than a moped. Absolute knob.

there was the other Top Gear with the Austin Healey Sprite (1960's tech with about 70bhp) vs a Peugeot 307 modded with what, couple hundred BHP. On the hillclimb, the little sporty car with no power and a relatively sorted chassis was 2 seconds faster than the turbo'd NOS'd, spoilered pile of wank that had cost several 10's of thousands to build.

a

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Sammyboy wrote:

Laughing . To fix the fueling you fit an aftermarket exhaust which will need the fueling fiddlign with to work anyway Wink .

Strangest thing is some of the total bodges that are done on modified cars and bikes. Like cars groaning under half a ton of filler and bikes with gapping holes for the standard indicators around there tiny cheap indicator that flashes virtually invisably.

All the best

Keith

It is a hidden secret among CBR6RR owners which allows you to bullshit about reasons for fitting a loud can! Thanks for ruining that one mr Kickstart as well as being the sucker who fell for the most stupid comment of the year! Mr. Green Razz

gammamanuk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:59 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
gammamanuk wrote:
Feef and get getyerknobinme

You can both STFU !

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=70017

Twisted Evil Razz

Look out getyerkneedown... I've hooked a big one! Very Happy

<starts reeling it in>

I'll STFU when you show me a car that isn't a shopping trolley designed for nipping out to tesco. A car that will properly utilise the power of a 2.0 engine without suffering torque steer, and moreso when the insurance quote for a heavily modified 1.6 fiesta doesn't outstrip that of a bigger, faster 2.0 car; so you can't even use the cheaper to insure arguement that most modders use.

that being said.. credit where credit's due.. at least you're not going down the bodywork and looks first, performance second (if at all) route. I'll give you that... but nothing takes away he fact it's a Fiesta.

a

No you will STFU when you realise that ive built a car not only with the same shape, design and size engine but with larger pistons, bore, throttle body, inlets but not only this, the difference is the 1600 engine pushes out around 85 bhp, the 2.0 will push out 134 - 140 bhp, something ford never made, and they should have and when it has the 2.0 in it will look down on all other fords compared to the new ST's and RS Focus's, nothing of the same year ford built in england will match its power, unless its a modified fiesta turbo, torque steer? Get onto www.fiestaturbo.com theres a 400bhp 2.1 Zetec Turbo on there that did 178mph and another chap called paul his did over 180mph. Standard RS Turbos can be easily tuned to around 200 - 250bhp, torque steer is the least of your worries, its making sure the suspension components, tyres and brakes are in top condition Thumbs Up

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gammamanuk wrote:

No you will STFU when you realise that ive built a car not only with the same shape, design and size engine but with larger pistons, bore, throttle body, inlets but not only this, the difference is the 1600 engine pushes out around 85 bhp, the 2.0 will push out 134 - 140 bhp, something ford never made, and they should have and when it has the 2.0 in it will look down on all other fords compared to the new ST's and RS Focus's, nothing of the same year ford built in england will match its power, unless its a modified fiesta turbo, torque steer? Get onto www.fiestaturbo.com theres a 400bhp 2.1 Zetec Turbo on there that did 178mph and another chap called paul his did over 180mph. Standard RS Turbos can be easily tuned to around 200 - 250bhp, torque steer is the least of your worries, its making sure the suspension components, tyres and brakes are in top condition Thumbs Up

Here, you'll be needing this, sonny:

https://blatanttruth.org/turd-polish.gif

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:01 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
It is a hidden secret among CBR6RR owners which allows you to bullshit about reasons for fitting a loud can! Thanks for ruining that one mr Kickstart as well as being the sucker who fell for the most stupid comment of the year! Mr. Green Razz

Hi

Sucker for taking taking the pee out of the most pathetic excuse for fitting an end can. I think not Razz .

All the best

Keith

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh bollocks,I voted before reading please stike one vote from the second option.

Oh and is the guy in your avatar the ginger, gay guy from shameless???? Laughing

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gammamanuk wrote:

No you will STFU when you realise that ive built a car not only with the same shape, design and size engine but with larger pistons, bore, throttle body, inlets but not only this, the difference is the 1600 engine pushes out around 85 bhp, the 2.0 will push out 134 - 140 bhp, something ford never made,

Once you realise Honda can do 160bhp with a 1.6 (or 100bhp per litre) you won't back to a shitty Ford.
I raced my old Honda Civic at York at took 15.837 with 145bhp. Here's the video from the fastest time against a newer 160bhp model.
Right Click Save As

In your Fiesta, just having an exhaust won't give you a noticable power increase, not will adding a K&N air filter. Air/fuel goes in, burns and is expelled. To take full advantage you will need to have a free flow from intake to exhaust and that includes your exhaust manifold.
With the Civic 1.6's it was a simple 4-2-1 design, allowing for the appropriate cylinders to force gases out as requires.

Bottom line is, your 130bhp car will be fast because of it's weight, not its power. However, the 2.0 is heavier than the 1.6, but you have:

gammamanuk wrote:
Its fitted with uprated gas shock absorbers with springs

Ok, so most shocks are gas based and have springs. What brand are they? Koni? Spax? Are they true coilovers or have you taken a hacksaw to some Monroe shocks from the Mondeo the engine came from?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:29 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i get my own car i want twin exhausts because they look good but i dont want big gay loud ones.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate loud exhausts but don't see a problem with modding. Why should they have 'stock' vehicles just because they're not bikers?

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate at uni has a corsa with a 2L astra GTE engine plonked in it.

Its insane, but all it does really is spin its wheels.

NICE mike! Shocked Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugger147 wrote:
oh bollocks,I voted before reading please stike one vote from the second option.

Oh and is the guy in your avatar the ginger, gay guy from shameless???? Laughing

Whos avatar? mine? fuck no! it is the little brother of a mate of mine.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:

yes yours'sorry but it does look like him. Embarassed

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugger147 wrote:
Soul_Trader wrote:

yes yours'sorry but it does look like him. Embarassed

Lol! he aint ginger though.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 03:44 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A supra went past me today with a 6 inch exhaust.
Fook me, it sounded like a star destroyer roaring past Thumbs Up Cool .

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 07:15 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother me ,I don't see why it should bother anyone really Confused

There not doing any harm and can't buy faster cars cos of insurance!

Let teens be teens Thumbs Up

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 09:56 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gammamanuk wrote:
Standard RS Turbos can be easily tuned to around 200 - 250bhp, torque steer is the least of your worries, its making sure the suspension components, tyres and brakes are in top condition Thumbs Up

and the chassis was designed for that sort of power?

doubt it. it's still a fiesta.. a fast one in a straight line, but as TopGear proved.. whacking loads of power in a chassis that wasn't designed for it doesn't make it faster than a lower powered, better designed car.

take it to the US where they don't know about such things as "handling" and corners Wink

a
(i hooked him good...)

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:04 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Hate loud exhausts but don't see a problem with modding. Why should they have 'stock' vehicles just because they're not bikers?

nothing wrong with a modified car. I know lots of people with modified cars... but most are modded for performance and handling (and braking) in a chassis that can handle it. they aren't shoehorning lumps into shopping trolleys and then sticking 1/2 a tonne of filler, plastic and neons onto them. that's pointless.

Don't have a "problem" with modders doing Anything to their pieces of shit shopping trolleys. But is think it's pointless, and a waste of time. What I find amusing is, that "barry" and his modder mates do it to make their cars stand out, which they do.. and anything that stands out is going to get critisism as well as praise (mainly from his pre-pubescent lax-power reader mates). yet they can't handle critisism, and moan and tell you to "STFU" when you express an opinion they don't agree with. if you don't want a car that makes people express an opinion.. then don't modify it.

when barry sticks a tonne of tat to his car, slams it so he can't go over speedbumps without ripping off the bodykit, lights it up like Blackpool at Xmas and has a disco in the boot, he doesn't seem to realise most people look at it and inside, are laughing AT it. he just sees people looking at him and thinks "yeah, I'm the man".

want something individual, different and a mechanical challenge? Buy a kit car and make it your own.

or go the next step, and build it from scratch. Check out "Lo-Cost" cars for more on that.

if a Fiesta was designed to handle a 2.0 lump as standard, then why didn't they make it? you think you know more than Ford, with regards to chassis design and handling?

Why does barry think spending a few hundred quid on their small family hatchback shopping car will make it so much better than a company who spent millions on the design?

lowering the suspensiuon? will much up the geometry without replacing the suspension arms to compensate.

wider, low profile wheels? will much up the handling and make it tramline like a bastard unless the suspension is setup to handle it (spacers will just make the wheels "fit" not work, and will shag the bearings after a while)

I have an opinion.. you have yours gammaman. Don't tell me to "STFU" just cos you don't agree. I have as much right to say your fiesta's a waste of time and money as you have to say it is the best fiesta evaar

a

Last edited by feef on 10:09 - 01 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something unique for cheap, then use your mod money as a deposit on one of these, £15k brand new...

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:30 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cqueen wrote:
If you want something unique for cheap, then use your mod money as a deposit on one of these, £15k brand new...

or one of these...

https://www.robinhoodsportscars.com/kitrange.php

https://www.robinhoodsportscars.com/kitrange/images/lightweight/lw1.jpg

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that IS cheap, £1500 + VAT

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 11:26 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cqueen wrote:
wow that IS cheap, £1500 + VAT

still need to source an engine, gearbox, drivetrain, wheels and electrics (althogh they supply a new loom for not too much money.. worth more than the hassle)

since I've got a thunderace engine spare, i have the engine and 'box areleady Very Happy

got a kitchen and bathroom to refit, and the rest of the house to redecorate first.. and then replace the clutch in the thunderace, and then get the CB125 sorted...

and then.. if I've got any cash left, then I'll be giving RobinHood Engineering a call Very Happy

a

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:02 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the tits that get there first 1.0 litre car and think there some bad boy racer so they slap a huge rage backbox on it coz they think they'll get another 30hp out of it lmao the dumb bastards
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2