motivation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:22 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: motivation Reply with quote

just a quick thing out of pure desperation

basically i have litterally no motivation, im at uni and havnt been in much at all never a full week and not at all since bout 3 weeks before xmas

i had no problem gettin up and doin a 12 hour a day job in my gap year but at uni it all seems so lax and unimportant, altho i realise ill miss the boat on exams and placements it still doesnt do nething to me.

does any one have any idea to help me 'get motivated', how do you do it?

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 01:30 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem at uni - except I kept it going for nearly 2 years. I was almost thrown out in my final year, but one of my lecturers pointed out I'd handed in all my work so might as well be allowed to take the exams.

I obviously didn't find a solution, so I can't really help you there, but I would recommend you find one soon. I was predicted an easy first in my 1st year, but didn't get anything near that in my finals.

Pull your finger out buddy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:09 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks packing bread buns with burger at McD's or something.
That's your alternative.
Just an idea.
Or go with Mr James and his digital advice. Laughing

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:14 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd write an answer, but I can't be arsed. Razz

I have the same problem; search 'Procrastination'. Laughing

For me it helps to keep your ultimate goal in mind; why are you doing this? It's helped me get coursework in before now.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 05:31 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year are you in? First?

Im getting the same thing, im here for the life not the degree.

Luckily what i can see happening is a summer of dullness and seeing the state of a few friends who dropped out etc should spur me on. So far im not regretting the subject choice, although ive now lost my module i loved (Crying or Very sad).

Hopefully this semester will have something cool in it...

But remember the first year is a piece of piss. Second and thirds the ones you need to be motivated in.

If you search for my uni thread from just before christmas you'll see how crap i was finding it. A couple of a good mate, a gf and the sheer boredom of christmas set me straight. Hopefully something similar will happen with you, sooner or later...

As mr james says tho, the sooner the better
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:28 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is down to attitude!

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ...a church ...a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes. Don't become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific."
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1