Im stil at my parents place
42%
 42%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 56

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
Unless it is your only option, renting is for suckers.

Also depends how often you have to move house. Moving costs me around £15-20,000. With fairly static house prices, for those that move regularly renting is attractive at present.

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sort of got chucked out of my mums when I told her I wont be paying her mortgage for her and my bro while she fucks off in america, im living at g/f at the moment whilst I pay off most of my outgoings to get a mortgage. Its almost rent free as my girls mum wont accept money off me had to force money into her pocket last week as she was that serious about not taking anything from me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I agree with Suzuki either. I'm currently living with my parents having finished my A levels last June. I am working full time (much more than 9-5) but I'm trying to get my own business started and have no cash at all. I would love to move out but it's just not an option at the moment.

As soon as I can afford to rent, I'm out like a shot. I wouldn't want to have a house for years anyway, only if I could easily afford it (hardly likely). I don't want to feel like I'm tied down and since I'm working to achieve an income that is completely independant of where I live I want to be able to move around however much I like. I would happily pay a premium (ie rent) to be able to do that, if possible.

kath600
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:37 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all very well saying renting is for suckers but some people have no choice!!!

yes its dead money i agree

i've been renting since i was 17 still am 12yrs on due to lack of money basically

i nearly bought a place with my ex, thank goodness i didn't!!!!

it seems to me unless you earn a bloody good salary as a single person, buy with a partner or like many people i know , you have parents who are in a position to help supply you with a deposit, or you live at home and save like buggery , then its very hard or near on impossible Thumbs Down

renting is shit and i hate it but for now i have no choice Rolling Eyes

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 06:39 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you buy a house in a cheap area

kath600
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:05 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
or you buy a house in a cheap area

Rolling Eyes the isle of wight is a cheap area compared to the rest of the south but its all relative...

wages , cost of living etc

my wages on my own as a singleton, should i be able to get a mortgage would buy me a shoe box one bed flat for 70-80k

even if i can get a 100% mortgage which i am actually looking into at the moment. Raising the cash for fees, stamp duty etc is still bloody hard and not possible right now Confused

EllioTT_GiXXeR
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:15 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live with my mum and dad and plan to until am over 20.

Can't afford £300k for a normal house, nothing special, then again not even £500k would get you much over here in a house.

distortion
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:46 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

EllioTT_GiXXeR wrote:

Can't afford £300k for a normal house, nothing special, then again not even £500k would get you much over here in a house.

Agree with you there Elliott, my mum lives in Guernsey.

When i was told how much the 2 bed cottage was worth it shocked me. It was 3 time the price of mums house in England.

Its Salary to cost of living that makes the decision on whether people can buy a house or not.

I recentley look at getting an £84k mortgage. £500 a month - i simply cant afford that in the position im in. So its rent for me !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after my plans went tits up last year, I'm back with my parents. Luckily they're cool about most things (ie. shagging, metal, beer etc. Altough they hate me smoking Laughing ).. Prob rent a place soon with a mate. Buying will have to wait:S.

The way house price are are rising, I don't know if I ever will/can.

EllioTT_GiXXeR
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:52 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

distortion wrote:
EllioTT_GiXXeR wrote:

Agree with you there Elliott, my mum lives in Guernsey.

When i was told how much the 2 bed cottage was worth it shocked me. It was 3 time the price of mums house in England.

Its Salary to cost of living that makes the decision on whether people can buy a house or not.

Yeah max, for a 2 bedroom cottage i would guess around £300k mybe abit more.

Shows how much the prices have gone up, we brought this house for around £170k or less 10 years ago.
It must be worth over half a million at a guess saying all the stuff and room we got.
Thats why so many young people move away to different countrys since the prices of houses is too high now.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:59 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if people really want to get on the property ladder, they can move to a different area of the country where houses are cheaper relative to average income in that area.

My house was £56000 2 and a half years ago with a £3000 deposit and i've never been paid more than £15k and mortage payments are £300 a month.

It wont be worth a lot more now as houses dont go up much in bad areas.

You can go halves with a friend or partner and live together, or you can buy it yourself, but get your friend or partner to pay you rent.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

(only way you'll get a big enough mortgage with a chance of paying it off before you're 75), renting's the only way to be.

The traditional view that you need to be a homeowner is rather at odds with the modern way of life where a job is no longer for life and the divorce rate is through the roof, in my opinion.

If you can afford to pay rent, then surely you can afford to pay the mortgage. The mortgage for a house you're renting will be less than the rent for it. The landlord isn't renting it out at a loss, I wouldn't think. Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 18:58 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

not necessarily as you can rent a place with all your income, but banks will only lend you as much as about 4 times ur annual wage which means about a third or less of your monthly wage on mortgage.

also ppl with debt cant get the deposit they need for a house until they have paid off their debt

you can cheat by getting a loan for the deposit just before you apply for the mortage and it might not show up on your credit rating when you apply for the mortgage
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2