 ISLAND GIRL World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 06:56 - 03 Feb 2006 Post subject: last night men & motors |
 |
|
Did anyone here see that programme last night on Men & Motors channel about the police specifacally praying on motorcyclist, think it was called crimechasers ??
Was quite interesting, chap in un marked car, think it was a suburu followed them and pulled them up, picked them up for too small number plates, speeding, allegal exhaust etc etc. What I find strange is how is it that a lad in a car can have all the big bore exhaust, etc etc and get away with it where as on a bike you are only supposed to have it bog standard  ____________________ Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F |
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:57 - 03 Feb 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you posted the same question about 'getting away' with having a big bore exhaust on https://www.scoobynet.co.uk/ they'd have a lot to say on the matter
Andy  ____________________ A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. |
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:06 - 03 Feb 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
*puts on flame proof suit*
I think that number plates that really are too small should get pulled up for it. I've never been pulled for my race can 'touches wood'.
I think Nova boys get less hassle as they tend to have normal sized plates. This is one of the first things someone following from behind sees.
When sat in the back of a traffic unit car (I had been a bad bad boy), they were chatting between themselves about bikers passing by that they would pull for small plates. That was the only comments they made, no mention of noisy cans or anything else.
I think for you to get pulled for having a race can, you must be doing something stupid, like gunning it through residential streets at 2am. ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|