Wish me luck!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:26 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Glad it went OK and hope your get on quickly now. I found it disgusting have pins removed while awake, I nearly fainted Embarassed
and that was only an ankle.

Regards
C

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 16:28 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick Just the thought of the unscrewing Shocked

Mister James is officialy the hard bastard of the fourm. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
the surgeon reached for his pliers and started unscrewing the pins

Sick Well done you. Thumbs Up

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:31 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm siting here here cringing at your tale. Well done for getting better and a big up for enduring all that suffering with such a good attitude Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

BTW have you any more pics of that scaffolding? Cos that one looks nearly to surreal to imagine what that looked like when you were standing!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:35 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done. Took it like a man !

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:37 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Glad that is out of the way. At least you will be a lot more mobile now, and even going to work will stop you going stir crazy.

All the best

Keith

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I take it that the desk job will enable you to get a copy of biketrader and start looking for a replacement for the Fazer then??? Wink

Well done and fuck me that must have been horrendous to go through! Sick Shocked Thumbs Up

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 16:54 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate, god only knows what you've been through (and you I suppose) and I hope you haven't been too put off biking by the whole ordeal.

You must be tough to have withstood all this pain and agony, it can't of been easy.

Well done. Karma

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel , my external fixator came off at the end of October and it was easily the worse pain I've ever felt in my whole life. The only thing thats come close was spraining my ankle but about 10 times worse. I had to have a 30 minute rest for the pain to ease down and be ready enough to walk.

take it easy, its all upwards from now on.

RobB
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:00 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt ill at the word TWANGED.

My cap is well and truly doffed, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with everything Very Happy Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobB wrote:
I felt ill at the word TWANGED.

Same here! Shocked

J.K.R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a terrible thing about picturing things when i read them, that made me a little light headed Sick

Glad to hear you've got that removed though Thumbs Up As mentioned, when (fingers crossed if) are you back on 2 wheels?

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:37 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked reading that op bit gave me the shivers! Nice one fella, wish you a speedy recovery! Thumbs Up

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup nice one Mister, makes me cringe if it was me. Thumbs Up

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:15 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know cringing until you've seen a 6'1 guy in a navy crew jacket and a skinhead cringe!

Worst bit was the Sister had to hold my leg down because the muscles were seriously tensing up in the leg with the nerve damage- despite the fact I'm a big beefy screw and used to play rugby and cycle to work, I'm so weak now it took this 5'3 women one hand to hold my leg to the table!?!

Operation was as bad as it sounds, and it's made worse by the fact that after more than 3 months out of hospital, I've got a little more comfortable and accustomed to not being in severe pain ALL the time. Had they done this to me 3 months ago I wouldn't even have blinked, but as it was - ouch!

Seeing the pins was a real shock, 9 inches or so of gory steel pin with a drillbit on the end?! Yuck!

You have no idea how much I giggled when I got home just being able to lie on my front again! Stupid little things like that make me feel like I'm a normal person again!

Again, thanks for all the support - hopefully the legal case won't take too long, and I can come to a few meets and offer my thanks personally!

additional pics of frame attached below - apologies for hairy flabby belly, you try and do situps with all your midrift and groin muscles sliced open Razz

The frame didn't impinge on my stomach as much as it shows in that pic - I was sitting down pretty soon after being discharged, and my posture was screwed thanks to the stretched nerve.

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 23:20 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is it all out?
if it is congrats!
is it possible to post the pics of the stuff they took out? did they let you keep it?
so what is the movement like now? is there much pain/stiffness?
oh and sorry has to be said

Fat Bastard wrote:
i'm soooo sexy, look at my sexy belly!

hope the rest of the recovery goes well and smoothly with the minnimum amount of pain!
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:21 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it possible to have a wank with that Confused

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:27 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetically speaking McGee? Errmm, I'd say yes...although I'd guess that it would be quite uncomfortable as your hand/arm might bash against the frame.

Purely guesswork though of course- anyway I'd be willing to bet that the pain from the huge F***-off plate on the huge break behind one's danglies might put one off spanking the monkey for a couple of months anyway.

@ WN

Everything is out, the Frame was exactly how you see it in the photos, except for the pins, which you can see as small rods at the extreme left and right of the picture. They are in fact around 9-10 inches long, with the bottom 2 inches basically a drill bit. They looked real nice covered in blood and other fluids in the sink. They wouldn't let me keep them, all pretty expensive so gets sterilised and stuck in next poor biker to come through the door.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they taking the plate out, or leaving it in? Did they ever find the part of the sacrum (I think it was that?) which broke off? Confused

With any luck that's the worst of it over, here's hoping the eventual compensation (my brother's still waiting more than 18 months after a Transit royally fucked him over Rolling Eyes) makes up for it a little. Thumbs Up

Get better soon!

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 00:11 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaggis wrote:
Are they taking the plate out, or leaving it in? Did they ever find the part of the sacrum (I think it was that?) which broke off? Confused

Plate is staying in for keeps.

None of my bits of bone were missing, just broken up. The worst break was at the bottom of the pelvis - the plate is holding that together.

Quote:

With any luck that's the worst of it over, here's hoping the eventual compensation (my brother's still waiting more than 18 months after a Transit royally fucked him over Rolling Eyes) makes up for it a little. Thumbs Up

Definitely! I can't really buy a new bike untill at least liability is decided so I know I can spend the cheque I got for the old one.

Looks like i'll be whizzing around on a little scooter for a while, eh?

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 00:13 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Looks like i'll be whizzing around on a little scooter for a while, eh?

better that nowt i suppose for the moment! how long do you think you can actualy physically ride again?
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 00:29 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying some new armoured gear tomorrow. I'll see how things go over the weekend and might try and see how comfortable it is towards the end of next week.

My only worry is not so much discomfort from sitting (should be minimal on the scooter) its the lack of strength and occasional jarring pains in my leg and groin. Don't want to risk a spill because I can't get my leg on the ground in time, or can't lift it back up again after stopping.

I've got huge great big tree-trunks of legs, but some of the muscle groups suffered heavy damage in the operation and the crash (especially the adductors) and moving my legs in some directions is problematic.

Mentally I'm hoping there won't be a problem, I get the occasional unpleasant flashback, but I guess that's life. My mum wants me to see a councillor.

To be honest, the crash wasn't the worst bit for me, it was the feeling of being weak and powerless for months that did me in.

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:43 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this because of some stupid female driver, not a dig at all female drivers, just most.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 06:56 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to hear you are on the mend.

If i ever forget how vunerable we are as bikers, I just need to think of you and your injuries and Im sure I ride more cautiously, which can only be a good thing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3