Should CS spray be banned...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...

PostPosted: 19:28 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. It won't be banned.

Like they said on the news, this was an extremely rare reaction.

It'll probably turn out he had some extremely rare blood disorder too Confused

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me

PostPosted: 19:33 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better then trigger happy police with guns I suppose. When CS Spray was first introduced into the poice apparently it was commonly associated with given you liver cancer. Nice.

Very effective stuff though. If you remember Johnny Knoxville getting some he was down for ages.

WR

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 19:34 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR450_geezer wrote:

Very effective stuff though. If you remember Johnny Knoxville getting some he was down for ages.

WR

That was pepper spray which is stronger than CS gas.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...

PostPosted: 19:37 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
That was pepper spray which is stronger than CS gas.

Now that stuff IS nasty Shocked

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 19:42 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepper spray burns skin like a bastard, never had it in my eyes thank god.

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:49 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he got aggressive serves him right, bet he won't make the same mistake again Laughing

Still, I agree its better than armed police, much more likely to experience less lasting damage than a pistol, or a baton to the noggin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:53 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think police should all have tazer guns... harmless really but bloody effective at stopping anyone from doing anything, and easy to use!

Not sure really why they don't use them... if you don't wanna get shot by one then don't break the law in a way which could lead to you being tazered.. simple as that really.

Plus they're fun to use Wink

Seriously though they are good safe weapons in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:58 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yokogeri wrote:
Unless you have a heart condition Wink

Shouldn't break the law in a way which would warrant use of a tazer gun then! Wink

I personally don't give a shit if 1 in a 1000 criminals who get tazered die... why oh why do we give the criminals an advantage? I mean, a criminal can do whatever to a police officer really and the coppers gotta be careful as "they aren't allowed to use too much force, or cs spray , or pepper spray or tazer guns or real guns" just seems pointless... whatever a copper does to prevent injury to themselves from a criminal always ends up back on the copper, "investigated" blah blah..

UK sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:05 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
Shouldn't break the law in a way which would warrant use of a tazer gun then! Wink

Depends on how it is used. "Buzzzzt. 'ere, I wan a word wi you." might not go down well.

Getting on for a last resort the CS spray should be fine. Better than arming them (and probably less likely to result in nasty side effects than a tazer).

All the best

Keith

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:45 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
Shouldn't break the law in a way which would warrant use of a tazer gun then!

You could say the same for CS.

The problem with Tazers if you can't zap the whole of an angry mob with one shot but you can with CS.

In the same way some people have a bad reaction with CS some people are not effected by it at all.

SP1

EllioTT_GiXXeR
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:05 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying that i hope i should be joining the police, i look forward to using CS Spray on people Thumbs Up

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 22:20 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS spray is nasty stuff, I know I've been on the receiving end of it, several times.

I've also seen how quickly CS gas can diffuse a very bad situation (for example someone with a knife). Without it would have been a completely different story possibly with a member of the public being stabbed.

In my opinion the police should keep using the stuff, Sussex are experimenting with Tazers and they ARE very nasty (fortunately Sussex are only equipping armed officers with them).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:22 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

All forces have use of the tazer but only by armed officers.

SP1

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't effect me these days, not like it used too.

Snotty nose, closed airway and stingy eyes were common place 5 years ago.

Naaa, keep the spray, its no more dangerous than throwing nuts at a crowd where someone might swallow one and react with anaphylactic shock.

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could have avoided having a 'farmers face' by behaving his stupid self.

Last edited by Johnny GSX-R on 22:40 - 02 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total

XS1954
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:39 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hand my CS in when all the criminals make a vow to hand in all their weapons. So CS is here the stay then.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:46 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be able to use it but there needs to be more guidance as to when it is appropriate. There is a danger that the police can and do use the stuff just to make their life easier rather in response to a risk.

From watching the police on 'fly on the wall' TV, there is a tendancy to use it in a situation where they could cope perfectly well without. For example on someone who has his hands cuffed behind his back but is struggling against them, if they can't take control of that situation without spraying CS in someones face, they should go get a desk job.

I also reckon they should all have experienced the effects of CS before they are issued with the stuff, might make them think a bit more about how and when they use it. Having been hit with the CS myself when I was in the TA, I can confirm it is a fucking nasty thing to do to someone.

The police should have it but I think they should treat it with a bit more respect (give 'em a ten page, triplicate form to fill in if they discharge their CS spray, that would encourage more responsable use).

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 22:48 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its good, quickly and effectively disabled someone.

My friends dad carries french police cs gas when he goes to the bank with his companies cash incase he ever gets robbed. My mate sprayed it in phils face when he saw it becasue he thought it was fake and phil fell on the floor crying like a baby for like 30 minutes. I have never seen eyes so red in my entire life and the smell. Shocked

sanchezz_182
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:08 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv had it a a couple times, not nice, but def not the worst painin thw world, can stil spit/bite/headbut/kick/punch.

stil wouldnt want them with guns/tazzers ther on to much of a power trip with a pair of handcuffs an a stick, just think what they would be liek if u gave them anything of real power..

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:14 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever the police are given, some officers will misuse

i reckon cs wd normally be better than going in with a stick breaking bones

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:28 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
For example on someone who has his hands cuffed behind his back but is struggling against them, if they can't take control of that situation without spraying CS in someones face, they should go get a desk job.

I also reckon they should all have experienced the effects of CS before they are issued with the stuff, might make them think a bit more about how and when they use it.

Stinky,

With most police forces they recommend you spray baddys with CS before using physical force (except for restraining them). Spraying people can sometimes be the better option for them. It means no time off sick because of broken bits.

As far as I am aware all police officers have to experience the effects of CS. This is so they understand what people go through and so they know what to expect when someone lets rip in a fight.

SP1

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:54 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think new coppers get sprayed anymore in training due to health and safety or something.

Another problem with CS is if someone is wearing contact lenses, it can sometimes chemically bond the contact lense to the eye.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 00:00 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

EllioTT_GiXXeR wrote:
Saying that i hope i should be joining the police, i look forward to using CS Spray on people Thumbs Up

Well lets hope all new police officers dont walk around looking for the next victim.

I agree that police need something in the way of a "weapon" but the statement above is what makes it worrying for normal people who may have only had a pint too many and just be a bit loud.

Last edited by daz|n00by on 00:04 - 03 Feb 2006; edited 2 times in total

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:01 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it shouldnt b banned. The boy shouldnt have been fighting or giving the police a hard time. In other countries he would have had a baton over his head or even been shot.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 00:22 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppl join the police to crack heads, rather than with the ambition to spend hours filling out paperwork

id prefer they were lazy and used CS, but I think a lot of the time they dont trust it, and use batons instead so bones and heads get cracked.

Im more worried about their temptation to crack someone over the head just to be sure, than use CS just to be sure.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3