BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bf2 new ranks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Bf2 new ranks Reply with quote

Just heard about they are bringing in new ranks to the game to make it more playable & easier for unlocks etc. Confuses me a bit as i just got a new rank so what happens now, do i loose/keep it?

https://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?threadid=13782

Also in the new patch they have made new GL's that bounce of the ground so you cannot noob tube anymore, & they have made heli's weaker & fixing the AA guns to give them better aim.

Also there will be new guns to unlock, the patch should be here in a few weeks.

Thumbs Up

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ow man, i love noob tubing Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, theres nothing you can do when you're being noob tubed, i hate it but sometimes i use it.

https://www.youtube.com/w/Battlefield-2?v=SdFtvXwwArE&search=bf2

A vid of some new stuff.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats changed with the c4?

i hate people who fight with c4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure i think it's somthing about hopping whilst throwing, because there trying to stop bunnyhopping. C4ers are the worst, worse then noob tubers imo.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i right in thinking you can shoot down choppers/planes with normal machine guns?

and what was that plane? it looked like a glyder! Laughing

zaknafien

PostPosted: 00:14 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cqueen wrote:
am i right in thinking you can shoot down choppers/planes with normal machine guns?

and what was that plane? it looked like a glyder! Laughing

My mate said the same damn thing.

At the beginning it tell's you it's a UAV, it also looks like a UAV.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thats the new U.A.V instead of having it in you're base for some reason they now have it flying around the base, aint got no idea why tho.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 00:17 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
Very Happy Thats the new U.A.V instead of having it in you're base for some reason they now have it flying around the base, aint got no idea why tho.

It's not, now when it is placed by the commander it actually appears.

So you can shoot the bugger before his team hunts you down.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I forgot what UAV actually stands for!

Im used to it looking like a fish & chip stall.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 00:59 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Wink

I dont know most changes are usaly for the better and the noob tube nades will only bounce close up long range they will blow on imapct like the real things Wink

The fact you can now destroy uav's rock !

And the fact the choppers are now weaker ROCK ON ! and the fact you have to shoot them in the engine to do more damage is cool and when there damaged they spin awesome.

But I dont think its a patch but a mini mod like they said they were bringing out Euro wars or something like that.

Last edited by McGee on 01:05 - 08 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 01:02 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Wink

I dont know most changes are usaly for the better and the noob tube nades will only bounce close up long range they will blow on imapct like the real things Wink

The fact you can now destroy uav's rock !

And the fact the choppers are now weaker ROCK ON ! and the fact you have to shoot them in the engine to do more damage is cool and when there damaged they spin awesome.

LMAO McGee you sound like your going to blow a load in your pants any second now Thumbs Up

roflmao

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are bring out a patch AND the euro thing.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bough SF, fucked up really cos I now need to get to First Sergeant to get my next unlock, so all the guns that I bought it for are gonna take me ages to unlock now.

Confused

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like all of those changes except the c4. Alot of the time to use C4 you have to leg it out in the open and your really exposed, and you have to get far enough away efore your trigger it. So nerfing it is harsh as it means you have to be exposed even longer.

Laying C4 and waiting for players to come by is what its for - shouldnt be penalised and you only get 4.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

C4 is for blowing up tanks and stuff & is not a combat weapon.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaben wrote:
i like all of those changes except the c4. Alot of the time to use C4 you have to leg it out in the open and your really exposed, and you have to get far enough away efore your trigger it. So nerfing it is harsh as it means you have to be exposed even longer.

Laying C4 and waiting for players to come by is what its for - shouldnt be penalised and you only get 4.

Indeed, so annoying when you see nobs bunnyhopping around, C4 in hand, when the second they spot you they lob it and press the detonator obliterating you.

I've found it's best to plant it in a strategic position and then wait for someone to come along. Was playing Mashtuur the other day, sat up on the roof of the Hotel I think it is, lobbing it down by the flag and blasting the shit out of all the tanks or vehicles that turned up, helps being a commander so you can give supply drop's.

The one that pisses me off most is when twats cover there truck's in it, see you in a tank and do a kamikaze mission to take you out.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:57 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflex wrote:
The one that pisses me off most is when twats cover there truck's in it, see you in a tank and do a kamikaze mission to take you out.

The idea is to jump out and let the jeep roll into the target then detonate.

I love taking people out that way, your tank is no match for my jeep biatch!

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they do jump out, but almost every time it's happened the twat's have been too close and killed themselves.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 12:22 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflex wrote:
Yeah they do jump out, but almost every time it's happened the twat's have been too close and killed themselves.

That's just stupid, they get the kill and lose points for dying.

I've gone back to being a medic whore lately.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Reflex wrote:

That's just stupid, they get the kill and lose points for dying.

I've gone back to being a medic whore lately.

Lost count the amount of times people have come flying into me in a transport and killed themselves, then punish me for a TK.

And the other thing I really cant stand is when your in a tank with someone, drive off to repair, jump out and the tosser drives off. You can guarantee I'll be planting mines to take them out Evil or Very Mad.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone play on a server with 'Friendly Fire' off? You can lay c4 on the ground & blow you're self onto buildings, really fun & c4 you're team mates skyhigh. Although there are alot of suiside c4rs still & takes realism out of the game.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 13:03 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
Has anyone play on a server with 'Friendly Fire' off? You can lay c4 on the ground & blow you're self onto buildings, really fun & c4 you're team mates skyhigh. Although there are alot of suiside c4rs still & takes realism out of the game.

Yeah, just don't try going for a plane on a carrier.

You'll be in the water in no time. Smile

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only tried it on karkand, a teammate was running for the tank & i c4 him over it Smile

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
I've only tried it on karkand, a teammate was running for the tank & i c4 him over it Smile

I think I must of been on a server without FF before, cos there were people on rooftops opposite the hotel on Karkand with no way of getting up there. Took me a little while to clock where they were, after getting killed a few times.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4