Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do you say the same things in real life as you do on here?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 00:40 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Do you say the same things in real life as you do on here? Reply with quote

As title really.

Coming from siggi's thread (read about 3 or 4 posts out of it dont know what all the fuss is about).

But anyways...

Are you the same on here as you are offline?

I would hope I am as I do tend to say the same things offline as I would online to the peoples faces.

Do you act the same or do you have an internet persona?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I act the same, apart from more random.

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much, yeah.

And just as importantly, I get the opportunity to cos I try to get out and meet people.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so, though I may be marginally funnier because I have time to perfect a joke. Laughing

McGee
O RLY?

Yes minus the gay stuff Wink Well maybe for Richy, rookie, yoko, sparks and you Mr. Dodds Wink

And I agree with Rookie there as on here you have time to think of a reply Shocked

Last edited by McGee on 00:48 - 09 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

babyyam wrote:
Pretty much, yeah.

And just as importantly, I get the opportunity to cos I try to get out and meet people.

You're supposed to be in bed Mrs!

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still revising, honest......... Shifty Embarassed

Only so much you can read about fixed asset depreciation and disposal before your brain explodes though......... Razz

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say my idiotic side is vented here on several occasions i can bring to mind.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:54 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Pretty similar to real life.

babyyam wrote:
Only so much you can read about fixed asset depreciation and disposal before your brain explodes though......... Razz

And for me that sentence was dangerously close.

All the best

Keith

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:54 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
I am still revising, honest......... Shifty Embarassed

Haha, fair enough.

Good luck for tomorrow! Smile

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 00:56 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say I am yes.

Some doubt me but when you know me in real life you kind of understand that 90% of everythign I say is in jest, I know Jon (Suzuki) used to think I was a bit of a cunt until he'd met me.

Online persona, my arse.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 00:57 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Pretty similar to real life.

All the best

Keith

Bloody hell you would annoy me finishing every sentance with "all the best, keith"

I would want to shoot you after about 23 minutes.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:59 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
Bloody hell you would annoy me finishing every sentance with "all the best, keith"

Well, maybe not that bit but I do tend to say "hi" to people.

All the best

Keith

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I can't bring myself to deliberately upset people in real life, it makes me feel guilty. Plus calling a spade a spade is a good way to make lots of enemies and get in loads of fights.

But on the forum, things are different. If I piss someone off, it is unlikely to have an impact on my life. It's not about cowardice, it's about not wanting aggro. I try and avoid posting things that I would never say in real life to that person, but do not have any problems making enemies online if I think I'm in the right.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:11 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well other than BCF i pretty much keep myself to myself, other than keeping in touch with my family and seeing my girl i work fulltime and a bit and shoot people in FPS games also like to have the odd pint and watch a movie.

So in short yes im pretty much the same here as i am in the real world.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 01:11 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fairly normal in real life, post too much bollocks on the internet as i have way too much free time. Probably doesn't give the best image of myself but i couldn't really give a crap, its real life that counts.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too wrote:
I am fairly normal in real life, post too much bollocks on the internet as i have way too much free time. Probably doesn't give the best image of myself but i couldn't really give a crap, its real life that counts.

Klause
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:

Everytime I meet you it amazes me how quiet and normal you are. Razz

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 01:27 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really

i tend to have time to think about what i,m going to say on here were as in real life i open my mouth rather to fast and have lost a few mates because of this and have also learnt the hard way to back up my mouth in ways i dont like to do anymore.

My attitude towards the way i treat and talk to women and being "old fashioned" is totally me though.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:28 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

To some degree I think the internet is a bit of an 'equaliser'. Big blokes that consider them selves 'hard' in real life now have as much bravado as the kid who's knowledge of the real world comes from 'the sims' games.

I often hear "bet you wouldn't say that to my face" from people who think arguments can be proved by a punch in the face.

Oddly enough, I have confronted a few people that have tried to use this as an argument and not received any takers Smile.

As for the question, I would like to think so, but not always. However, I will be just as much 'nicer' in real life to the geeky kid as the muscle bound bloke - a chacter flaw of mine, perhaps.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 01:34 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er.

I would say so, I do tend to say alot of risky things around my close mates because in all honesty they don't mind what I say, it makes them laugh and you gotta love em for that. They are used to me making crude jokes and swearing in every sentence.

I am alot quieter in real life, as I struggle to think of things to say. I am friendly, until somebody pisses me off and I lose it in real life as much as on here. I also have a dry wit and humour in real life so I can make quick jokes and innuendos work.

But those who have met me, such as Dodsi himself know what I'm really like and can probably tell you more.

I am a nice person really, just don't annoy me Smile

So yes I would say it, because I say what I mean Smile

zaknafien

PostPosted: 01:36 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i'm aware yes.

ashley_46
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:59 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same views off the site as i do on it but i may not express some of them if i believe that it will cause a fight. If it seems like the person i'm aiming a comment at would become violent i probably wouldn't say it because its not worth the shit from some small minded idiot who can't express themselves without resorting to violence.

Thats the good thing about the net in a way. You can express your views and say exactly what you think without having to worry about ducking a punch from some thug. In my opinion if peolpe can't stand criticism then they shouldn't open their mouths in the first place.

I like to think that if i say something stupid and someone picks me up on it i'll listen and accept the criticism without the need to get upset and abusive. Smile

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:04 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. When people first meet me they get the impression that I'm superficially a cynical and sarcastic old git.

However, once they get to know me, they realise there's nothing superficial about it... Thumbs Up

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:15 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear a lot more.

You can't hear my Doric accent.

I also have a lot more time to think on t'internet so I perhaps put my points across more clearly with less repeating myself and errr-ing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3