Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TFT / X-Box 360 issues

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: TFT / X-Box 360 issues Reply with quote

Had this connected to my Sony 15" portable tv, quality werent too bad, easily playable, but nothing compared to hdtv like i've seen in the shops. Got hold of a VGA cable and connected the 360 to my PC monitor, theres zero difference in quality of graphics other than its brighter?

My 17" tft was running on 1280 x 1024 resolution. When I started the 360 up, the screen was all off centre? Weird. Went to the xbox dashboard bit, it says I can select a resolution. All of them were x 768?

Changed my tft resolution back to 1024 x 768, but it appears to be the same quality as my 15" Sony portable tv, only brighter. Weird.

Any ideas??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure.

whats the make/model/native resolution of your TFT?

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a standard 17" from Dell, only a few months old, how do I know what my native resolution is? At the mo, i'm using 1280 x 1024.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

should say in the spec that came with it or on their site. its likely to be 1024x768 i suspect and that should at least look better than your telly so not sure why it isnt for you.

i havent connected a 360 to a monitor yet but can try it out tomorrow night and see how it performs.

ranna
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:48 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 360 hooked up to my panasonic 32" lcd

https://www.weymouthhifi.co.uk/website/panasonic/panasonic%20tx32lxd500.htm

Connected it all up with a high def RGB lead and its looks the dogs danglies

My pana is HDTV ready which means its capable of over the air high def by using the HDMI connection and capable of displaying pictures at 1368 X768. HD capable tv,s as in ones without high def connections mostly resize the image to the native resolution which is sometimes lower the hd spec, 720p.

Shogun
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:59 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you've connected up to a Pc Lcd as opposed to a Tv lcd they run at different aspect ratios. Your Lcd's native resolution will be 1280x1024. If you try to run it at a lower resolution then it will look crap as it will try and use more than one actual pixel for each image pixel. Connect your lcd to your pc and lower the resolution a bit and see how crap it looks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1