Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sorry, not a bike, but I'm fooked.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic : View next topic  

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:03 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Sorry, not a bike, but I'm fooked. Reply with quote

I lost my job just before Christmas, (making a habit of this), I do have a new job, but my wages haven't got steady yet, this means that nothing has been paid since the end of November, including Council Tax, and, surprise surprise, the court summons arrived earlier this week. Shocked

I have two ways of sorting this without lavishing a cell at tax payers expense for Her Majesties pleasure;

1) Sell the car,

2) Not thought of that one yet, just living in hope that plan one doesn't fail.

So, the Polo is a 1 litre E reg with a genuine 28500 miles, with some history to support it. The interior is exceptional, I mean really good, almost new. The exterior is more than above average with virtually no rust anywhere. I think the tick over could do with being raised a 100 rpm or so though.

The car is currently on SORN but has a MOT until May. The tyres are probably borderline legal but the spare appears to be new and unused.

I have the new keeper supplement for the V5 so it could be taxed straight away, but I can't find the full V5, however, you can come to my house, I will write a receipt and inform DVLA. I am not a criminal, (not unless I get these arrears paid anyway!) and would not expect anyone to take a risk where money is involved.

I would like around £250, as that is what I need to pay the Council within the next week or so, but would accept whatever I could get, remember the car is in great condition, and I'm in not so great a position!

Call me anytime, 24-7, (I work really silly shifts) any viewing or test welcome.

Carl 07716838255 Near Warrington.

garymv
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:34 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: i need Reply with quote

a little run around but i couldnt pay more than £150 if your interested......

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 16:47 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long do you have? I would stick it on ebay, probably get more than £250 if its what you say. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really relevant, but the gf's mum works in the council tax office in Warrington lol... It's where I'm posting from now...

Got any pictures of the car?

Toby

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, cheers Toby!!! AS it happens, it's the Wigan office that has it in for me!

No pics I'm afraid, but do feel free to come and have a no obligation toot. I live just off the East Lancs a bit north of Warrington.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 01:25 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest have you tried contact the council to explain why your behind on your council tax?

They maybe able to come to some form of arrangement for making up the arrears.

You may just need to sort out a statement of affairs e.g. list of your incomings & outgoings. Explain that you do intend to pay etc... but due to current financial circumstances etc...

Worst case scenario and you do end up at court, you may find a sympathetic judge (make sure you do go though!!) who may side with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:51 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the office upon receiving the summons. I either pay two payments of £250, or go to court.

I'm in a well paid job now, but just haven't been paid yet. I can't afford to lose a days pay to go to court.

My work is of a 'sensitive' nature, and if my employer found out I was in court for something like this, then my career would be at grave risk.

It's a case of just get the money, pay them, and do it sharpish!

Saying that, when it's paid, it's paid, and that's the end of that.

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sold, and the Council robbing gets paid. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1