Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


First bike advice please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

SCFCFAN
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:37 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: First bike advice please Reply with quote

Hi everybody, this is my first post so go easy on me!!

I have just finished reading this weeks MCN and saw an article about a Reiju RS2 Matrix 125.

I used to have a Speedfight 100 scooter but it got stoled and I was still paying the finance so couldnt afford to replace it, I have wanted to get back onto 2 wheels for a couple of years but money has been a big issue for me.

So here is the question, is the above bike suitable for an experianced rider but only on smaller machines who want to make the step up? with it being a 4 stroke does that mean it will sound alright? what would you expect the insurance to be like for a 26 year old, one crash ( not claimed for) and one stolen (claimed for) stored in a secure garage, I will have to retake my CBT as it expired ( I think) will I have to display L plates? or would I be better just taking my proper bike test? and last but not least do you know of any dealers that sell this bike in the North West of England?

If you can answer all or any of these questions I will be very gratefull, thanks in advance.
____________________
Excuse me wifey, please may I have a GSX-R 600? please? oh pleaseeeeee, ok i'll shut up now
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:49 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,

If you're 26, do your Direct Access (about 400 quid).

Not worth getting on a 125 if you have the cash to avoid it.

I'd suggest a bike that's quite forgiving as your first geared bike, something like a ER-5/GPZ/CB500.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:50 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do want to just keep your L plates and not worry about the test, keep in mind that if the new RS2 125 is a 4 stroke (which frankly suprises me) it will not be particularly powerful. Probably less powerful than your 100 scooter, because that was a 2 stroke.

Also keep in mind that since the bike sounds like it's a new model just about to be released, you'll pay a premium price and lose 15% of that the second you walk out of the showroom. And it will continue to rocket down. Keep it for a year and you'll probably get around 60% of your money back, depending on how you use it.

In all honesty, I recommend taking your test too, even if it means you still only get a 125. It gives you so much more choice, and you can pick up a better bike, for less money. It's not that hard, I passed mine today. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:00 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate,do the das, there is no point paying the prices for 125cc when you can get bigger bikes in the same price bracket. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fadel
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't really the bike that gets you money wise, I always find insurance is the bugger that kills any chance of having a "nice" bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 222 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.68 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 43.88 Kb