Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Can't sleep!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 02:34 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Can't sleep!! Reply with quote

What is wrong with me, I'm only 20 and I suffer from not being able to sleep until at least 3am if I'm lucky. As some of you may notice that a lot of my posts are done at early hours in the morning.

This is a very stressful time in my life, but should it be affecting my sleep like this?

If I do go to bed early I find myself reading to try and fall to sleep but end up being so indulged in the book I read for hours before feeling slightly fatigue, I've read 3 book this month so far and I'm on my 4th. I've been a student for 4 years now (only 4 and a half to go, lol), so I am used to reading for long periods of time while taking it all in. But, if I don't read I just lay there trying to sleep but instead I start thinking of all my problems and the things I need to do. It's a vicious circle.

Can anyone help? Anyone have any routines then find helpful to sleep or to relieve stress?

It's just that recently I've been that stressed and tired that dropping education is always a recurring thought just so that I can sleep normally at night and not have to remember loads of stuff while dealing with lifes normal problems.

Yamaha YQ100 (RIP)......Honda CBR125R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
HerbalDayZ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 03:06 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to college full time and work work wednesday, saturday and sunday nights 7pm-12am in a busy bar which is 30 mins from were I live so I get in at about 1am after finishing at work and stuff.

When I'm not working, I'm revising or doing college work or out on my bike or at my mates fiddiling with the bikes, lol.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:19 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same promlem, and it got quite serious, I was constantly oversleeping for work. The problem was that at the time, work was an engineer in the RAF, and oversleeping would see you getting charged!!

I have now solved it though, I work shifts! 3 days, 3 nights, 3 off. My body clock is so far up it's own arse that it works out just fine!

All you can do with your circumstances is try to develop a routine. Be stern with your self with regards to bed time, and whether your tired or not, go to bed at a constant time, and stick to it, regardless of whether you get to sleep or not.

It'll take a while, but it's all you can do. Any DON'T try sleeping pills, they will proper fuck you up, believe me! Wink

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 10:04 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul@125power wrote:
work wednesday, saturday and sunday nights 7pm-12am in a busy bar which is 30 mins from were I live

Which bar do you work in?

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:58 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must be wildgoose's twin brother!

Pretty much same pattern of sleep habit going on there..........................

Suppose you need to get your body into a routine and stick to it however much it doesnt work for the first couple of weeks....

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm exactly the same. Get to sleep in the early hours, if I have to be up first thing in the morning I'm absolutely exhausted, but then I wake up late the first day I have an opportunity to, so I keep going to bed late. It's horrible. My problem is ongoing, so I can't offer any constructive advice, other than don't take sleeping pills. I tried them, they put me out alright, but I was half-dead the next morning. Weed is better.

Work cocks it all up too, because I work weekends along with a weekday shift, and because I start at 12pm and finish at 11pm, then off to the pub, in at 2, up late again the next day.

What I need is some routine I suppose. But it ain't going to happen with my current lifestyle, so I just put up with it! Sad

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Weed is better.

Thumbs Up Wink
HerbalDayZ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:14 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
Paul@125power wrote:
work wednesday, saturday and sunday nights 7pm-12am in a busy bar which is 30 mins from were I live

Which bar do you work in?

The Whitehouse

freckles
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 02:03 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it really hard to sleep too, I'm up and ready to start uni for 9 everyday and normally am in until around 5 and I do have a routine that I follow (always in bed at half eleven regardless of how tired, up at ten past eight etc) but I always end up lying awake until around two-ish.
It's really annoying as it means I end up tired during my lectures.
Hope you find some sort of cure Thumbs Up if you do let me know!

Sam.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:48 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often lose my sleep pattern due to watching films or other stuff but the best way to regain a normal sleep pattern IMO is the next time you're awake until 3am try to stay awake until that night till about 11pm, it's bloody hard to stay awake but if you can then you will regain a normal sleep pattern.

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 11:10 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul@125power wrote:

The Whitehouse

If your at work on Friday I may well see you late on, I'll be the one in the tuxedo when I come to meet my other half.

Is there some way to recognise you and I'll say hi, put a name to a face etc.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:14 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to suffer from exactly the same sleeping problems at Uni...I think the problem is how much fatigue you actually put your body in a day. You know studying is metally tiring but basically being sat on your arse is doing nothing to fatigue the body.

The easiest solution is to get an active hobby that will keep you active for at least an hour or two, every second day. Honestly, you work your body hard and I'd doubt very much that you'd struggle to sleep because you'll be so knackered.

The problem with this solution is that it requires a bit of will power and effort on your own behalf. The way I'd measure it up is simple though....do I want to exert myself and get a good nights kip or am I content to sit on my ass and be tired and miserable?

I go running, do kickboxing and swimming. Running for an hour (which sounds much but its onoly about the length of any fitness class you could attend) leaves me absolutely fucked. As someone who got prescribed sleeping pills and beta blockers from the doc at fifteen I can tel you that since I started training I have never slept better in my life Thumbs Up lol, you won't even want to stay up late!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 17:28 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

id agree that doing a bit of exercise in the day will help

also before you go to bed, unwind with a relax in a hot bath or a mug of horlicks or both

get in the habit of waking up early and you will be tired at night

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a wank.

Seriously.

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

Kram
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold_Shand wrote:
Have a wank.

Seriously.

Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:33 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree, but a shag is better for that post orgasmic chill

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 04:13 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold_Shand wrote:
Have a wank.

Seriously.

I want to go to sleep not spend 3 hours having a tug. Laughing

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bein funny, but have 1 good fat joint then get into bed, you will sleep like a little baby.

Not that I do this on a regular basis Shifty

Seriously Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1