BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brake pads

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:38 - 17 Feb 2006    Post subject: Brake pads Reply with quote

How hard is it to fit new front brake pads to a vauxhall nova?, as mine desperatly need changing!!!

And would be be easier to get a garage to fit them and approx how much £??

Cheers

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:41 - 17 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the brake pads themselves, you're looking at around £60 for an entire set? From eBay, I'd recommend. As for the fitting, I wouldn't attempt it myself, but I'm not an accomplished mechanic. It would involve some moderately difficult mechanics. If in doubt, buy a Haynes. They definitely cover the process you want to do.

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:49 - 17 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are just changing front pads it should be fairly simple i would think

Changed the pads on my Corsa the other day and it just takes a bit of patience. Cant see the Nova/Corsa being that different although i may be wrong

Wheel off , undo a couple of bolts to remove the caliper and slide out the pads, new ones slot straight in, push the piston back in and re-assemble.

It did help however having my old man telling me how to do it as its the first time i have done car pads.

FYI a set of pads for the corsa were £23 all in from a motor factors

I wouldnt get a garage to do them unless you are totally unsure of what to do as its a bit of a waste of money

out of interest what sort of area you in ??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:51 - 17 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just outside Stafford Thumbs Up

Must be a thing with me and brakes at the mo as the car ones need changing and the brake fluid needs changing on the zxr Sad

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:53 - 17 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really must get mine changed. I had an advisory on my MOT to get them changed, and that was 3 months ago. Embarassed Driving a nearly new van the other day scared the crap out of me, the brakes were so sharp! Laughing

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:55 - 17 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:
Im just outside Stafford Thumbs Up

Must be a thing with me and brakes at the mo as the car ones need changing and the brake fluid needs changing on the zxr Sad

Aaah to far away to offer assistance unfortunately, i shouldnt imagine it being that different from what i posted

I know how you mean though, everythings comes at once as it were

if its any consolation , i changed the pads that many times on my R6 ( a set every 6-8 weeks in mid summer) that i could do it in the end in about 5 minutes flat with just a pair of needle nose pliers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1