T in The Park

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Everything Else Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:25 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TICKETMASTER wrote:
Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

Your order number for this purchase is .................

Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 7-10 days before the event. Please do not contact us unless you have not received your tickets within 7 days of the event.

You purchased 2 tickets to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
T In the Park - Camping
Balado Airfield, Scotland, UK
Sunday, 09 July, 2006 12:00 pmÂ

Seat location: section GENAD
Total Charge: £248.45

Thanks again for using Ticketmaster.
Show complete order detail.
Return to Ticketmaster home.
You can always check your order and manage your preferences in My Account.

18_stuart_88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point Joe but..... £ 300 a Ticket. Thats complete daylight robbery!

I would be completly embarrased asking for that likes of money for a single ticket.

Not all that far off a grand to sit in a muddy field and watch bands play for a weekend. No thanks.

Less than £300 to sit in a muddy field and watch bands play! Yes fair do's!

Dont think i would buy anything off Kev again! Ive been sold a stinker of a bike thats just recently been fixed and now my speedo cable is fecked because there was a bodge job done previously on it with black tape Neutral But thats a diffrent story!

Stu
Make: Honda NSR 125 R Year: 2004 Colour: Black And Silver - Died on December 18th 2005, Layed to rest December 30th 2005 :(Make: Aprilia RS 125 Year: 2000 Colour: Black And Red - Derestricted Smile Sold!
Make: Suzuki GSXR 600 SRAD Year: 1998 Colour: Red - White - Blue Mr. Green
Pic of My New Bike!!

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:38 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate, you got a perfectly good bike which you managed to wreck within 5 mins of getting it. If you wouldnt pay £300 then thats fine but i dont really want to know about it. Bodged speedo? Brand new fitted 3 months ago yet some how I have still managed to bodge it?

Common fact the speedo's break alot, look on 125cc sb

18_stuart_88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literaly how can you wreck a bike by riding it 27 kilometres and it breaks! No matter how hard you rode the bike it still wouldnt break down within 27 kilometres!

Obviously the previous rider!!

Speedo cable has shit load of black tape around it on the wheel end.

Dont want to go into it anymore! Case closed wont be back in this thread .!.!.

Stu

P.s. little scratch on a certain visor sold. Pretty big a quite a lot if you ask me.

Bye.
Make: Honda NSR 125 R Year: 2004 Colour: Black And Silver - Died on December 18th 2005, Layed to rest December 30th 2005 :(Make: Aprilia RS 125 Year: 2000 Colour: Black And Red - Derestricted Smile Sold!
Make: Suzuki GSXR 600 SRAD Year: 1998 Colour: Red - White - Blue Mr. Green
Pic of My New Bike!!

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:49 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it was not in a bad nick when I sold it I am offering him a refund if he sends it back.

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:52 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods, can this thread be deleted as it has just turned into a petty childish argument doing the site no favours what so ever.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

18_stuart_88 wrote:
Speedo cable has shit load of black tape around it on the wheel end.

Unless he paid a garage to do it and they ripped him off, telling him it was a new cable when they bodged it Confused

Whatever, the fact remains you have had offers to sell the tickets and you haven't yet. In my book that means you are waiting to try and get more money for them, otherwise you'd have sold them to the first person that offered your original asking price.

That's obvious to anyone, so don't insult our intelligence by making up more stories Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Biker-Kev** wrote:
Mods, can this thread be deleted as it has just turned into a petty childish argument doing the site no favours what so ever.

Or move it to F&F Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Biker-Kev** wrote:
Because it was not in a bad nick when I sold it I am offering him a refund if he sends it back.

im not here to stir anything up but you only offered me a refund for my tiny wee marked visor 60 seconds before you posted this.....which is over 24 hours since your told me to clean the visor with damp cotton wool to get rid of "some" of the marks???

just so people do realise...this is how Kev sent me the iridium takachi visor i bought from him.

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/T1z3R/DSC00176.jpg

and as you can probably see from the postage label it cost him just 64p to post a visor wrapped in a bin bag that he charged me £2 for.

i can understand why you want this thread deleted mate.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post books with better packaging than that Shocked

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:05 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup because it is very petty.

Keep it then, but why are you still moaning about it?

I couldnt tell you how much it was to post, I gave my mum the £2 and she posted it without giving me change.

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Biker-Kev** wrote:
Yup because it is very petty.

Keep it then, but why are you still moaning about it?

I couldnt tell you how much it was to post, I gave my mum the £2 and she posted it without giving me change.

who's moaning?

i came in here to set the record straight since you said you offered me a refund.....60 seconds before you posted it in this thread....so you could look all smug and sound like your a nice person to trade with who offers refunds to people when they're not happy with their goods...i could care less to be honest since it was only a tenner but i PM'd you about it rather than post in your thread and make you look bad. i knew by your reply and your previous history of "helpfulness" however that it wasnt worth pursuing any further.

anyway, what go's around comes around IMO Karma

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 20:39 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
You can be a money-grubbing toad all your life if you like, and you'll probably get rich, but everyone will think you're a scumbag and you'll never have a real friend.

Think on.

What goes around comes around mate, you are trying to sell ticket for alot and people are now posting their stories about dealing with you in the past...

As soon as you do, you want the thread deleted?!?

I think you should have put the visor in a carboard box at least, when i got my undertray from pyramid i got a massive box and loads of foam inside, a visor with a surface that is delcate and you rap in a binbag?!! Tut Tut

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how they handle people with tickets from touts this year. This year, for the first time, you r name will be on the ticket and you will have to show ID that matches the name before they let you in. Can't see it working, but some people could end up with problems.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ID doesn't work that well. You can always take one of the original ticket holders bank statements or something, and at Glastonbury I wasn't checked at all, nor were any of my friends. There are just too many people for them to do it properly.

Kev, a visor in a bin bag? Have some sense, lad.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
You can always take one of the original ticket holders bank statements or something.

Would YOU give a complete stranger a bank statement!? Shocked

Imagine the ebay ad: "Concert tickets complete with bank statement for ID" - those Nigerian conmen would have a field day Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:12 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many people would be happy to buy a bike really cheaply (for whatever reason, usually just right time, right place) then sell it on for more after riding it for a bit.

Personally, I don't like the idea of people making massive profits out of such things; but I don't see most people are that different in many other financial things if they get the chance to make a few quid.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:53 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I wonder how many people would be happy to buy a bike really cheaply (for whatever reason, usually just right time, right place) then sell it on for more after riding it for a bit.

Embarassed

Yeah but these tickets were £100 odd quid new and go up in price, I take advantage of people's financial situations, bit different sonny jim. Very Happy
HerbalDayZ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
HerbalDayZ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
The ID doesn't work that well.

Yeah, I do have my doubts about how well it's going to work. These things never do pan out as planned. Still, at least they are trying.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:26 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="True Blue"]Tbh a bikes only worth what its worth .An as you said get a bike cheap ride it for bit then sell for profit .That's just luck a bargain an doesn't happen that often .If you buy a bike for 200 an its real worth is 400 then that's fair enough. quote]

And a festival ticket is only 'worth what it's worth'.

You have come to have a festival ticket you don't need. Someone else has lots of money and they really want a festival ticket, so are willing to pay that money, I'd say that's taking advantage of someone's financial situation Smile.

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up with 2 xbox360's, a pre order one was despatched the day i found one in the shops. Looking at ebay I could have sold it for a healthy profit, but when it came down to it its just not in my nature, I don't have the face to rip people off stone cold. I ended up selling the second box to a mate from work for face value + my £5 postage costs.

Fair play, if you have went out of your way for the tickets and need to rrecover some costs then go ahead, I don't even think anyone would have complained if you had whacked 30 quid on the face vaule but 300 quid each pushes the envelope a bit mate Thumbs Down

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 14:42 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not against someone making a bit of profit ... but I've got to agree that a couple of hundred quid is just going over the top.

As far as I'm concerned if anyone pays that amount then they are mugs ... just like the sad people who paid over the odds at Christmas for the latest must have thing ... only for it to be freely available a week or so later for the recommended price ... just shows how our society is going!!!!

Far better to ignore it ... might find out that he is left with two tickets which he can't use!!!

All the best ... Barry

P.S. I thought you had to have ID which matched up with the tickets anyway!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Redd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up with spare tickets for T in the Park two years ago, some friends couldn't make it with a week to go. I ended up treating a couple of my mates that were pissed off they couldn't get tickets. They wouldn't let me buy beer & food all weekend, so I probably came out even after the cost of the tickets.

I don't have an issue with you selling on a couple of extra tickets at an inflated price, it's a sellers market. It's the people who have no intention of going in the first place that annoy me because they're artificially inflating the price to the people that really want to go.

Does it make me hypocritical if I then buy tickets at inflated prices ???
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3