Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


2 year restriction quick question

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

antonfrompres...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: 2 year restriction quick question Reply with quote

I have looked for an answer all over the internet but cannot get a definite answer to this question.
If 2 years after taking the test pass before I am 21 can I ride an unrestricted bike or do I have to wait until I am 21.
Cheers, Anthony
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, after your two year restriction period you can legally ride any power bike.

For example if you pass your test on your 17th birthday, you can take the restrictors on your 19th birthday.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

antonfrompres...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, you sound sure so I will trust you. It wasn't too long ago that I passed, it was in september or october 2005. I am thinking of getting a VFR400 for this summer and get it restricted, I will be 20 when I can ride unrestricted.
Another question, rather than starting another thread, is there a hard and fast rule of what qualifies for classic insurance (is it based on the year of manufacture) because my mate has an NC24 (cannot remember the year) and he pays next to nothing for insurance because it is a 'classic'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0ni
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off Davo is correct - the restriction is for two years. I passed my test just before my 20th so I will be 21 for sometime before I can ride unrestricted*.

I think classic insurance is either 15 or 20 years?
____________________
Its a lovely day, just wait until some bastard spoils it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic is 20 years as far as I know.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Classic is 20 years as far as I know.


I think it's more down to the individual insurance broker. One insurance broker wouldn't accept my dad's 1976 Triumph Trident as a classic, where the majority did.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
phantomtek wrote:
Classic is 20 years as far as I know.


I think it's more down to the individual insurance broker. One insurance broker wouldn't accept my dad's 1976 Triumph Trident as a classic, where the majority did.


Probably because they knew you would drop it Silence Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Probably because they knew you would drop it


Oi, it wasn't for me!

It's for the old man!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
Quote:
Probably because they knew you would drop it


Oi, it wasn't for me!

It's for the old man!


You still drop 'em Wink

Haha well the majority of the 'big well known' insurers will accept it as classic from 20 years.

I didn't know it meant money off Thinking
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

fuzz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates 1989 Honda Hurricane is considered a classic.

https://powersports.honda.com/Motorcycle_DCTM/Milestone/Images/MM_1987_Hurricane_cycle.gif
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.61 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 69.86 Kb