Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Relationship advice people...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cyprinis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:24 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Relationship advice people... Reply with quote

hi,

I recently split up from my girlfriend of a year and a bit, and I'm slowly gettin used to the idea of being single. I split up with her, because she tried to stop me seeing friends (one in particular) with bikes.

She never liked the idea of me having a bike and said that if I got one, she would dump me. This didn't happen when I passed my test in october though...

I got back from a ride last weekend with this particular mate, and was told that I wouldn't be seeing him outside of work again. Needless to say, I hit the f**kin roof, packed her stuff and took her home.

Being 20, I don't think I really need that, but it's just the idea of being without someone again, because I was going out with her best mate for two years before I started with her. Mr. Green

She's keen to get back together in a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure what to do.

I got a text from her today:

"hi! just wondered wot ur up 2 2nite? fancy comin round for a chat, a cup of tea and maybe some casual sex if ur up 4 it. i know what ur thinkin - dirty bitch, but give me a call if u want to."

Any advice people?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from her and don't contact her.

Make sure it's a clean break.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 19:09 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she's offering chocolate bourbon's with the tea I'd be tempted personally.

illusion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:18 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd steer clear if I were you, sounds like she has low self esteem and wants to control you. You can either bend over and take it up the gary glitter from a big hairy biker or be a man and cut off contact with her Wink

cyprinis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:36 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I don't quite get what your saying illusion....

where did the big hairy biker come into this?

I went round, done the deed and then she tried to sucker me in with the guilt trip...

Not happening again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh controlling and horrible , break out be free,

or if you are inclined in that way , go back shag her senseless then break up ,

NOTE , pyscho GFs can be nuts in a post shag break up , she might say you raped her , which = a whole world of sh*ite , hence part 2 is dangerous

Zimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the casual sex, and take her back if you think it'll work, but make it clear that it's conditional upon you being allowed a life, including seeing your mate and doing things on the bike. Do not negotiate over this point, let her win and you're screwed forever.

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she's likely to continue with the guilt trips or emotional blackmail, I'd say cut your losses and drop her for good right now.

If you still want to take her back, make sure it's on YOUR terms, cos if you allow her to dictate to you from the beginning, it's only gonna get worse in the long run.

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:00 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it PERFECTLY clear that she will ALWAYS come second best to your bike.

Sounds a bit harsh, but if it is clear, then she has nothing to come back on.

With regards to the casual sex, just nail her as frequently as you feel the need to.

If she wants to get back, then do, but don't let her think that you will put her before your bike.

I got engaged at 18. I gave up flying, and a few years later, I gave up my career as an aircraft engineer in the RAF. She very nearly started to take the piss when she realised that I would do anything for her. That was until I got my bike, and I told her if she made me choose, then she wouldn't like the outcome. Give a bird an inch she will take the whole fucking lot. Make the situation clear, and she won't take the risk.

She realised and we are now getting married in July after a 5 year engagement.

Good Luck. Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 17:26 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be shes wants you back and you can have it all on your terms.
Sounds tempting.

It could be she is just a bit lonely and horny and fancies a shag. Might end up a bit wierd but could be quite handy for when you are a bit lonely or horny too. Or if she is desperate, get her to pay you for sex

Twisted Evil

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 17:35 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin as someone who recently got dumped I don't think you should be posting in threads about relationship advice.

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun, like you have a right to talk about relationships Exclamation

Wink

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 17:38 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aren't offering any advice or opinion on the matter, besides me and you are doing just fine. Razz

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Erm, Back on topic now!

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 18:02 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
Colin as someone who recently got dumped I don't think you should be posting in threads about relationship advice.

The end of my relationship was a bit similar, with us having a bit of sex after we had broken up. The 'casual sex' his bird suggested. It felt a bit wierd like scratching an itch. Enjoyable but a bit sad.

However his bird might be a bit like me thinking that if its good sex, she might win him back. and she might too.

Also if you have been in a relationship, you know exactly how to give a girl the sex she likes. She knows this so knows she will get a better shag than from some random bloke who hasnt got to know how she likes it yet. This is partly because girls play more of a passive role in sex.

Sometimes when ppl break up, one or the other decides they want to end it, but they cant quite end it completlely until a bit after.

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

U cnt bt a bt of csual sx! Thumbs Up

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life got turned upside down last night when meaningless sex was meaningless. What do you do when sluts no longer have a purpose??

Gutted.

Flip.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: Relationship advice people... Reply with quote

cyprinis wrote:

I got back from a ride last weekend with this particular mate, and was told that I wouldn't be seeing him outside of work again. Needless to say, I hit the f**kin roof, packed her stuff and took her home.

If she's trying to control you now.... then think what it will be like if u get back together. she will make an effort at first and be all nicey nicey, then when the dust settles......she will really turn the screws and try and isolate you from your mates.

My advice is dont answer any texts, just forget about her.

As the saying goes..... the best way to get over a girl, is to get on top of another Shocked Harsh but true.

cyprinis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:27 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I fancy a bit of time just havin fun. gonna stay well away from her, and go out with mates as much as I can!

And spend some time alone with the bike...

Cheers guys, I needed that.

Tom

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:33 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it about this particular friend that she has a problem with?

Does she worry about you being on a bike or is it just down to jealousy of the time you spend with your friend/friends?

Hard to comment without knowing those answers really ...

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 01:37 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not get with a lass who tries to stop me seeing me buddies!

Ive got a mate who has a girlfriend who threatens to dump him whenever he is out with mates.
Its pathetic

id go round for the casual sex though, Fuck her up the arse, Spit on her back when you are about to come. She turns round thinking you have already cum.
Then shoot your load in her face.

Drink your Tea.

And go home. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cyprinis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:01 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

she doesn't like this particular friend because it was him who got me interested in bikes.

But it's not like he held a gun to my head and made me buy one, even though she'd like to think that.

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let a girl try and take your hobbies or mates away from you, no matter how good a shag she might be.

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:47 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Katie, maybe she feels jealous and wants to spend more time with you than actually hating bikes? There could be a simple underlying problem which is the root of all this.
Just tell her biking is a huge part of your life, and while you assumedly want her ot be part of your life too, she'll have to accept the way you are. Maybe she's just worried you'll get hurt or something? If you really want to save it, you could always try going to Relate or something, and working it out.
But relationships are about compromise, and if she isn't willing to, then give her the boot.
But do the Spiderman first! Razz

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:51 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Katie, maybe she feels jealous and wants to spend more time with you than actually hating bikes? There could be a simple underlying problem which is the root of all this.
Just tell her biking is a huge part of your life, and while you assumedly want her ot be part of your life too, she'll have to accept the way you are. Maybe she's just worried you'll get hurt or something? If you really want to save it, you could always try going to Relate or something, and working it out.
But relationships are about compromise, and if she isn't willing to, then give her the boot.
But do the Spiderman first! Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2