Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

more divvy woes!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 20:44 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: more divvy woes! Reply with quote

right after a weekend of working on the bike trying to get it to a semi sorted state, its bitten me in the arse, rode the 20 mins to the gym (10 mins 30/40, 10 mins 70 mph) so i recon it has to be fairy warmed up, get to the gym as i park up the revs aren't holding steady, its fluctuatuing between 1K-1.4K, thought nothing of it, came out of the gym and the bike started fine, i ride the 5 mins back without to much hassle apart form a wanker in a volvo, as i get to my drive and start to manouvour the bike as to park up the bike dies, i figure i've stalled it, i hit the starter and nothing only the red oil light comes on, i know it is getting power as the main lights are working as is the neutral and the oil light, but on turning the ignition there is no clicking from the fuel pump, and pressing the starter there is no starter motor!
just about to check the fuses, if its not that anyone got any bright ideas?
Cheers
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 21:02 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn it fuses are all ok, i'm off to study the circuit the starter motor and the fuel pump are on! mean while suggests will be well recieved
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:07 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch or prop-stand switch throwing a wobbly?

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 21:20 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Clutch or prop-stand switch throwing a wobbly?

wouldn't have thought so, as the fuel pump isn't engaging either, after leaving it to stand for 30 mins the pump usually lts out a few clicks and its not even doing that! but cheers
WN

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 21:44 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah i am a twat, davo just came round and had a play, and yep it was the fooking kill switch! as i turned the bars to full lock the switch hit my tank back! the only excuse that i can have is that it dark! Rolling Eyes Embarassed
cheers people!
WN

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:00 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Noise wrote:
oh yeah i am a twat, davo just came round and had a play, and yep it was the fooking kill switch! as i turned the bars to full lock the switch hit my tank back! the only excuse that i can have is that it dark! Rolling Eyes Embarassed
cheers people!
WN

You are joking!?! Embarassed

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:06 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
You are joking!?! Embarassed

nope! Shocked Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing
WN

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 22:23 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Noise wrote:
it was the fooking kill switch!

Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

Laughing I'm sure most people have done it at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:05 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:

Laughing I'm sure most people have done it at some point.

But they don't post it on t'internet Wink

Ichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bit of honesty there mate, still funny though Laughing

About the revs being a bit unstable, I get the same problem when my carbs need balancing.

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 23:56 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

marki wrote:
Nice bit of honesty there mate, still funny though Laughing

About the revs being a bit unstable, I get the same problem when my carbs need balancing.

what can i say i am an honest guy, i hate bullshiters Laughing
well i did mess about with the balance of the carbs at the weekend, maybe i fooked the job up, i've got to do them anyway when i change the valve shims so i will make sure that i do a decent job this time
WN

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
oh yeah i am a twat, davo just came round and had a play, and yep it was the fooking kill switch! as i turned the bars to full lock the switch hit my tank back! the only excuse that i can have is that it dark!
cheers people!

I done that the other day in my garage, was swearing loudly saying why the f*ck wont it start and then noticed i'd hit the kill switch with my thumb. Embarassed Laughing Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1