Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

nsr starting problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

matphillipsuk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:36 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: nsr starting problem Reply with quote

hi my nsr just refuses to start up when i press the starter button instead it just make a noise resembling a blender lol as far as i can tell the batt is fine ive just had it in the workshop getting the power valves sorted out so i presume if it was something teminal they would have said then and there cause there good like that. the bike starts absolutely fine first or second time round when i bump start it but just not when i press the starter button. i havent yet checked the start plug as i cant get to it just yet but if it starts fine and has no power loss when i bump start it i wouldnt have thought this could be the problem. its a 99' model any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's only a starter problem or a low (worn) battery
when the battery is worn if the voltage is too low the starter gear will not engage the fly wheel but the motor run . could be also the starter relay which makes bad contact . the frequent bug is inside the starter with worn brushes,brushes springs worn or comutator clogged . download my file https://www.geneva-racing.com/~alains/NSRtips.doc
you will find proceedings to repair your starter , and it's not complicated . if you want indications to take it out , no problem , just ask

matphillipsuk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:12 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cheers i will have a look tomorrow and post what i find.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem. You will need to take your starter motor apart and clean and relube the gear. When you turn the commutator, the gear should open up and then retract. I suspect it is not opening up and engaging the starter gear. Lots of WD40 and turning the gear should have it working again.

Incidentally, the noise that you can here is the commutator spinning round. So your starter relay is fine, and so are your motor brushes.

matphillipsuk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:55 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i will have a look in a bit. after i have found a new batt, i cracked the one i have at the moment by trying to get the cables unscrewed from the terminals - damd mechanics tigtening everything beyond reson lol.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1