Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The time is almost here

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: The time is almost here Reply with quote

6 Hours training tomorrow, 6 hours on tue and Wed is D-day. I so wanna dump my L's.

Shocked
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay calm, do what the instructor tells you and you'll enjoy it and sail through Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chalky143
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: The time is almost here Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
6 Hours training tomorrow, 6 hours on tue and Wed is D-day. I so wanna dump my L's.

Shocked


Good luck im shure you will sail through....can i ask how much you paid for your inshurance on ur cbr125?

thankyou and good luck!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck...
just try to stay relaxed, and as the saying goes "ride for yourself"
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

syl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:36 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: The time is almost here Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
6 Hours training tomorrow, 6 hours on tue and Wed is D-day. I so wanna dump my L's.

Shocked


Best of luck ! Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Interspatial_Meltdown
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:59 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. I'm hoping to do mine in late May/early June. Damn birthdays can't come quick enough when you're young. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rit
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:48 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossin' em' 4 ya....good luck.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:00 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

let us know how you go ok Thumbs Up
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fadel
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:05 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interspatial_Meltdown wrote:
Good luck. I'm hoping to do mine in late May/early June. Damn birthdays can't come quick enough when you're young. Laughing

How true that is Razz but being young has more pros then cons lol

just turning 17 though so I can get a quicker bike would help Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Brava210
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will do it..As mentioned enjoy it as it is enjoyable.. Very Happy
____________________
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Interspatial_Meltdown
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fadel wrote:
Interspatial_Meltdown wrote:
Good luck. I'm hoping to do mine in late May/early June. Damn birthdays can't come quick enough when you're young. Laughing

How true that is Razz but being young has more pros then cons lol

just turning 17 though so I can get a quicker bike would help Razz
Yea. When you're young you can't wait to get older, but when you're older you just wish you were younger. Laughing

And then there's Peter Pan... Neutral


Last edited by Interspatial_Meltdown on 16:46 - 13 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_petty
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck mate - let us know how u get on Thumbs Up
____________________
[Rides: Suzuki GSF600sx]
[CBT: Passed] [Theory: Passed] [DAS: Passed]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fadel
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interspatial_Meltdown wrote:


Yea. When you're young you can't wait to get older, but when you're older you just wish you were younger. Laughing

And then there's Peter Pan... Neutral

How true that is Razz I wouldn't mind staying 17 as then you can drive, drink, and get EMA from college and not have to pay for the courses Razz easy!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today went really well! I'm hoping that will be true of the next couple of days too!

I'm using the school's bike as they said the U turn would be a piece if p*ss on it compared to mine. But get this. . . I was too short for the CG125 so am using an SR!

The problem I encountered was that I'm used to the "press to turn it off" indicator on my bike and the SR you just move back and I accidently ended up indicating the other way instead of correcting it! Embarassed

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow! Right now I need a hot bath and sleep!

Thanks guys!

My insurance cost a touch under £290 fully comp I think. But I have got 3 points and am 29! Embarassed
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fadel
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you hear it Kitten!!!

Haha, Yea I did that a few times on my mates SR Razz Hope the rest goes well Thumbs Up


Roughly how much did the training cost in total? I would feel alot more confident going into my 17th / test having done that.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that yams sr? Did my DAS on this pony. I kept (and still do) backing off the throttle when trying to do the U turn, then the foot comes down. Then eureka Exclamation I just learnt to really grip the tank with my thighs, plenty of revs, then feather the clutch / rear brake. Its amazing how much your confidence goes up when you start doing it one after the other Laughing

Once or twice managed to do U turn on full lock on the ER5 using same technique Smile Cant do feck all on the ZXR Sad

Pay no attention to how the lesson goes before the test, dont get hung up on any mistakes that you make.

You'll be ok

Good luck
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:17 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fadel wrote:
Roughly how much did the training cost in total? I would feel alot more confident going into my 17th / test having done that.


I paid £300 for 2 full days and test on the third day. I did my CBT with the same place in the summer and I think they take the price of that off or have some kind of discount thingy. Thumbs Up
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Is that yams sr?

Yamaha SR - yes indeedy! A very glamourous bike! Laughing
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fadel
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:19 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right kewl, might have to take a look into that one Razz

For now, I shall stick to internet theory tests lol

Good luck tomorrow and the test!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:15 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

You'll need it on an SR, they're uncomfortable little buggers! Wink

You shouldn't have too many problems passing it on a 125. Thumbs Up
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:21 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck for tomorrow Thumbs Up
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

syl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
Today went really well! I'm hoping that will be true of the next couple of days too!

I'm using the school's bike as they said the U turn would be a piece if p*ss on it compared to mine. But get this. . . I was too short for the CG125 so am using an SR!


Kitten wrote:
But I have got 3 points and am 29! Embarassed


SR125 or SR500 (are you doing DAS)? Best of luck either way and remember the BCF tradition, if you pass, you have to buy everyone who wished you luck a pint. Very Happy
____________________
Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:09 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be fine mate, it's an omen you have your test two years after mine Very Happy
By the way the guys at the spray shop are dicking boy around so he's going to put his old panels on for thursday so we don't have to go to mildenhall tonight.
Oh and I want a pint too, so good luck! hehehehehe
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara wrote:
You'll be fine mate, it's an omen you have your test two years after mine Very Happy

Oh and I want a pint too, so good luck! hehehehehe


Cool. But I gotta be there at 8.15!!!!! Confused
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmahon wrote:
SR125 or SR500 (are you doing DAS)?


SR125. I'm vertically challenged so went for 125 test. I'm hoping to start growing again once I hit 30! Laughing Cheers Thumbs Up
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 230 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.94 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 132.37 Kb