Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bed bugs??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:30 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: bed bugs?? Reply with quote

Ok, sounds uber rank, but I'm really intrigued....
Found some kind of little round beetle-thing on my bed last night. Thought it might have flown in the window or something, except it wasn't open. Isn' a flea because it was too big. I've seen one in my room before.....what do I do?!
Scared it could be a bed bug or something. Anyone ever had them ebfore, and what do you do if you *do* have them?
Have also heard bed bugs are microscopic though, and my house is pretty old (about 150 years or so), and my room is in the attic, so could be some nasty from there, in which case I'll need some poison or what.
I'm changing my bed tonight because of fear of more...can't bear another sleepless night of 'what if'?
I also live opposite a park, so coulda come from there...oh, just help me, people....Smile

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 19:38 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused bedbugs ARE microscopic,sounds like a beetle or even a weavil. Don't think you have too much to woory about unless it has some resemblance to a certain crustacean Shocked

You been itchin recently?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 19:39 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its bigger than a flee its not a bed bug. Could be a tick?

Either way just hoover your mattress, won't get rid of everything you can't see but its better than sleeping with the roaches. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
little round beetle-thing

https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/wml/naturalworld/bughouse/graphics/ladybird.jpg

Wink

Seriously though, just forget about it. It'll be nothing.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sh1t.

https://www.iguk.co.uk/ProductImages/FullSize/3614_2.jpg

https://www.zin.ru/Animalia/Coleoptera/images/startr21.jpg

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people on here are confusing bed bugs (horrible bitey little barstewards and quite big) with dust mites, which are infact microscopic and harmless unless you have a breathing disorder.

It is however unlikely you have bed bugs unless you've been on holiday in a cheap hotel or hostel. Having spent 18 months staying in them I've seen one or two bed bugs in my time. Confused

https://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/entfacts/struct/ef636.htm is a good site to see if you have them or not.

Night Night, don't let the bed bugs bite.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minger Shocked Wink

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:37 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was darker than that, and there was only one :S
Have since changed my bed sheets and hoovered the room.
Yeah I've bene itching, but thats because I have eczema and peeling skin from my holiday the other week, not because I'm a flea bag Smile
Flip, it was twice the size of that, maybe bigger. Said it fancied a holiday away from The Big Top Wink

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got scared there was a bed bug in my room once, so I put it under a bottle cap and went to research it on the internet. The thing was incredibly strong; it got out from under the damn bottle cap!

I forgot about it, but then one day a week or so later I saw it crawling along a picture frame. I'd had enough of the thing by then, so I torched it with a lighter and continued researching it, now I could get a good look.

It turned out to be a leaf beetle; they look suprisingly similar to a bed bug.

Bed bug:

https://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/images/bedbug.jpg

Leaf beetle:

https://www.oregon.gov/OISC/images/lg/before05_hlake_gcalmariensi.jpg

And by the way people, bed bugs are certainly not microscopic. They are terrifyingly big, are attracted by the carbon dioxide when you breathe, and lay eggs under skirting boards and such. They can compress their bodies like a mouse can, but can drink 3 times their own weight in blood, in one sitting.

If you've been bitten, it will show on your skin as a little puncture hole and an inflamed area. If you find one of these, change all your sheets, vacuum and beat your mattress, and vacuum every single crack in your room.

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Crack?

PMSL.

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is however unlikely you have bed bugs unless you've been on holiday in a cheap hotel or hostel.

Quote:
Yeah I've bene itching, but thats because I have eczema and peeling skin from my holiday Shocked the other week,

Everyone cross their fingers and get your feet off the ground. Xlizx has got bugs. https://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/snipersmilie.gif https://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/tweetz/spider.gif

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:16 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you know I stay in 5* hotels in holiday, young man!
Completely vaccummed my room and changed the bed. it didnt look like any of the pics you've shown, maybe its just some random creepy-crawly. I have cats so maybe it came on in them....

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cough* Fingers crossed peeps. Bugs. *Cough*https://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:34 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might invest in a bird, and if any more appear then it'll hunt them out and eat them!
I reckon it could be my house as it's pretty old, once my sister thought there was a ghost in her room...actually, this was last year. She's seventeen and a chav, she can't help being a tard. Anyway, I went in her room to have a look because I thought she was mental. We turned out the light, and waited. I was just about to call her a prick and leave, but then I heard something scuffling about. Then my mum came in, and I said that I thought it may be a mouse. Turns out a huge feck-off spider was under a collection of my sister's bags and was scuttling about. Caught it under a pint glass, only problem was that it was too damn big and didnt fit properly as its legs were too big, so ended up accidentally snapping bit of its legs off. Set it free in the park we live opposite.
This is just making me sound even worse lol.

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not getting bitten it's unlikely to be bed bugs. They like to bite in neat little rows. Have a google on carpet beetles. There are quite a few varieties and it was probably one of them. Although you still have bugs. Laughing

BTW, thanks for the "young" complement. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:42 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:

Although you still have bugs. Laughing

yeah...well, you have crabs so ner! Wink Laughing

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yeah...well, you have crabs so ner!

Oh yeah, yeah well you gave 'em me. So ner ner yourself. Very Happy

(unless you're a bloke in which case I'm only joking folks. It was just a joke)

Mods please close this thread. I like to have the last "ner" anyway.

jonnay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie, that's evil, leaf bugs are ace Sad Haven't you ever seen them fight and then fly off still chasing each other? They're clumsy little buggers Laughing They do get pretty big though, not surprised it got away.

Those bugs that we used to call Cuckoo spit's when we were little are disgusting Confused The ones that hide on leaves and cover themselves in foam, that looks like someone's gobbed on the leaf.

Jon

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew.

Flip, that second picture looks so carnal, dude.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1