Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What makes you cringe?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: What makes you cringe? Reply with quote

A youth of falling off stuff, riding into other stuff, pulling out the hair in my scalp, generally having lots of cuts and bruises at any one time (something that I still manage to date) and a liking of piercings (and one tattoo) in adulthood makes me think I have a fairly decent (if not average) pain threshold.

However, there are certain things that are guaranteed to turn me into a nice pink girl's blouse. Although I'm fine with stubbed toes, not so funny bones and cramp I just can't handle having my nails pulled back (I've lost my nail clippers!). The other thing is the feeling of cotton wool, I'm almost certain the stuff is made by the devil.

So what's your kryptonite?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing someone with a towel (or some sort of cloth) between their teeth.

You know, when your folding a towl and grip a bit between your teeth while you fold.

Arrrgghhh that sends shivers down my back just thinking about it! Shocked Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:08 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adverts for yoghurt on TV, when the ladies turn the spoon the wrong way round to lick the stuff off Shocked
Goes right through me............

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatmoorred wrote:
Adverts for yoghurt on TV, when the ladies turn the spoon the wrong way round to lick the stuff off Shocked
Goes right through me............

Laughing You need new teaspoons, I know what you mean.

For me it's someone chewing tinfoil, and the squeaking of sutlery on a plate. Shocked

Also I flinch if anyone goes for my knees. 4 years of osgood schlatters disease which made even running excruciatingly painful ( I ended up in a wheelchair for 3 months) means I have big lumps on my knees where extra bone has grown, and even though they don't hurt any more I can't stand someone else touching them or even pretending to touch them.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly like you - nails being pulled back. I can hardly bare to think about it. I have been covered with my own blood and cracked teeth but nothing is like a bent nail.
I have had one toe and one thumb nail fold back on itself from stubbings and the subsequent blood clotting caused so much pain I think it's scared me for life.
I can feel my toe nails sort of buzzing at the roots as I right this and i'm gritting my teeth now. aarrrrrgghghhhh! I have to push down on the top of the nails to comfort myself.

eeeeekk! (turns round and runs away squeeling and flapping wrists like a girl)

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 18:04 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needels, any thing else bring it on.

Also when I had my front teeth kicked out I had just had my braces taken off that pissed me off something fucking special. All that work for nothing.

makes me cringe to this day.

And how much do tattoos actually hurt.

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:11 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that much.
you get used to it after a few minutes.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 18:11 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
aarrrrrgghghhhh! I have to push down on the top of the nails to comfort myself.

I have to do that in Biology when we talk about veins, I think they are my achilles heel, then protruding ones are really cringeworthy, I'm having to stop typing to apply pressure to my wrists because I'm thinking about it Shocked Embarassed And the cotton wool thing is a weakness of mine, and some sponges Shocked

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 18:25 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snalls, slugs, cracking of bones, compound fracters, people who handel food with un-washed hands, getting cutting filud or grease/oil all over my bare hands, the smell of buring stainless steel in the morring, getting swaff in my shoes/socks.

I really used to hate wearing cam cream on my face and arms/hands in the TA (its all greasey Sick ), every night l would srub it off with a tea towel that l used to wrapped my mess tins in before getting some sleep, l cant stand the stuff. Sick
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 18:35 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
I can't stand someone else touching them or even pretending to touch them.

Takes note Shocked

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why has none of you mentioned this?

ANY form of impact to the bollocks, is my pain barrier. Shocked

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

needles! oh god no! i can take getting stabbed/cut, but i cant stand the nurse shoving the needle into my vein! argh!

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 19:57 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my most memorable cringes was vaulting over a fence causing a ball hair to snag my zipper Shocked

I should point out that I was actually dressed correctly at the time & did NOT have my tadger waving in the breeze...

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:59 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:
needles! oh god no! i can take getting stabbed/cut, but i cant stand the nurse shoving the needle into my vein! argh!

I had an op where they stuck needles into my eyeballs while I was awake to get to the muscles behind! Shocked

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an op where they stuck needles into my eyeballs while I was awake to get to the muscles behind! Shocked[/quote]

Bloody hell!!! Sod that Sick

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
One of my most memorable cringes was vaulting over a fence causing a ball hair to snag my zipper Shocked

I should point out that I was actually dressed correctly at the time & did NOT have my tadger waving in the breeze...

i actually was crossing an electric fence dividing two fields, as i was straddeling it, a dangely bit dongled and somehow managet to conduct the current right up my willy and down my leg!

yea it was sore, but the fact i did it infront of the girl iwas trying to impress was a worse pain! lol

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:08 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely nails being pulled back, I remember a girl at school tearing half her nail off and I so nearly fainted!

People knocking thier teeth, or loosing them or chipping them. Anything to do with teeth being damaged makes me feel ill. Chris's niece greatly enjoys showing me her wobbly teeth and watching me go green!

Cotton wool, it was made by the devil! I just can't touch it, makes all my hair stand on end.

And this one is weird ... that wall you get, yes wall, in some peoples houses. It kind of has like a dusty chalky surface, even thinking about it makes my teeth go on edge.

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:14 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:
ZRX61 wrote:

i actually was crossing an electric fence dividing two fields, as i was straddeling it, a dangely bit dongled and somehow managet to conduct the current right up my willy and down my leg!

yea it was sore, but the fact i did it infront of the girl iwas trying to impress was a worse pain! lol

LOL. Ok, those two posts are going to have me laughing for a good few hours, I can't stop giggling. "A dangely bit dongled"

Laughing Clapping Priceless, cheers guys! Thumbs Up

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught my thumb and bent the nail right back, ended up with a huge bloodclot under the nail. That irritated me so i ended up drilling through my nail to release the blood under it. that really made me cringe... Only other thing that really makes me queasy is eye operations. Sick Sick
Teeth dont bother me so much. had one out a couple of weeks ago. I was warned it would be really painfull the following day but it didn't bother me. I was eating salt & vinigar the crisps the following day!!.
Girlfriends brother got a injury that made me wince. he jumped off a chair and landed barefoot on an upturned electrical plug....

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A knife scraping down bone Sick

A dentist drilling teeth
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:09 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty car paintwork when you make contact with your nails on it. Eeerrrhgghh!

The sound of polystyrene squeaking makes my girlfriend feel sick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
For me it's someone chewing tinfoil, and the squeaking of sutlery on a plate. Shocked

Damn those KitKats Wink

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:57 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Damn those KitKats Wink

That's what I was thinkin'...they eat tin foil where he's from???

My friend has a thing about her ears, and goes mental if someone bends them back, kinda like folding them up. Weird!
Anything to do with eyes freaks me out. The bit on the Star Trek movie (yes, I watched it Embarassed ) where the Borg's are turning Jean-Luc Picard into a Borg and they start drilling through his eye scares the shit out of me, I can't watch.
My ex used to say stuf like "Oh, imagine getting a rusty pair of scissors, and snipping your clit off with them..." That used to make my legs go dead. Not just yucky, but scary too. Bet it woulda well hurt Shocked

John C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a pointy bit of crisp gets lodged half way down your throat and begins to cut you open from the inside out. Happened this lunchtime Crying or Very sad

Rookie wrote:
I have big lumps on my knees where extra bone has grown

I know what you mean, I've got a boney lump under my left knee as a result of too much snowboarding and general tomfoolery as a teenager.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 15:14 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting your foreskin caught in the zip. Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3