Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Advice for Ebay buyer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 10:01 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Advice for Ebay buyer Reply with quote

I've just sold an item on Ebay and sent an invoice as usual, only to be responded with this:

Quote:
Hello,i won your product in the auction.i am a citizen of India.i want to buy your item for my client daughter whose live in Nigeria as her 18year hold birthday gift that will commense on March 28.To make things snappy i want you to send the goods to her place at west Africa (Nigeria).I want you to calculate the shipping cost together with the item price and i will like the goods to reach her place as soon as possible.I will like to make the payment through paypal,
and also kindly provide me with your paypal account , and the invoice which will include the shipping cost to Nigeria.through i will make the payment.

I will be waiting for your Response

Somehow I don't entirely trust this, what should I do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all the non-paying bidder stuff, and leave a negative feedback. Most definitely a scammer.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely a scammer.

These people really piss me off, ripping people off all the time, Evil or Very Mad.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one word you need to see in that email

Quote:
Nigeria

Run. People in Nigeria do this for sport, even though the participants are usually actually quite rich. It's massive over there, like a social status thing: "How much money you can scam from the west".

Don't be fooled.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

Whats the person's ebay user name, just so i (and probably others) can add it to my list of blocked users.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont do, I got arse raped when I sent my PS2 Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Down

Quote:
Dear Seller,
I live in United Kingdom, a UK citizen, born and live in Thamesmead to be precise.
I'm relatively new to Ebay as you can see,I have never bought anything on this site.
I heard its very convinient and easy thats why i'm trying it now.
This item is going to my Fiance which is currenttly in Nigeria for a Xmas and New Year Holiday with his family,
I will be paying you for this deal to be concluded very fast with my new western union account and you will receive your payment confirmation immediately,
am very sorry for breaking your payment details as i would have love to send the item to Nigeria myself but i'm not presently in uk.
I'm presently in United States to see my parent and do my Xmas and New Year holiday with them also.
Please i have contacted royalmail which I found to be more secured and efficient and they said it will cost me 80.00pounds to post the item,so i will like to hear from you before i make the pay ment at once including the item cost. please back to me as soon as possible
.meanwhile here is the shipping address:
Name:Ademola Isaac.
Address:Alv id Communications, Dugbe Bus Terminus Entrance, Adelabu Shopping Complex, Orita Challenge.
City:Ibadan
State: Oyo state
Zipcode: 23402
Best regard

Quote:
HI SELLER,

I HAVE CONTACT PAYPAL FORE YOUR PAYMENT AND THEY SAY THAT THERE IS PROBLEM FOR THEM TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNTANT AND THEY SAY THAT THEY HAVE CONTACT YOU SO I WANNA HEAR FROM YOU ASAP

THANKS

Quote:
hi,but you no this i dont have any money topay you now ok isbecause am lowin my paypalaccount ok

so you can sendme your nameand address sothat i canpost you some phones ok

maybe whenyou sale it you willget your money from there

ok

so i want you to get back to me ok

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Dont do, I got arse raped when I sent my PS2 Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Down

Quote:
Dear Seller,
I live in United Kingdom, a UK citizen, born and live in Thamesmead to be precise.
I'm relatively new to Ebay as you can see,I have never bought anything on this site.
I heard its very convinient and easy thats why i'm trying it now.
This item is going to my Fiance which is currenttly in Nigeria for a Xmas and New Year Holiday with his family,
I will be paying you for this deal to be concluded very fast with my new western union account and you will receive your payment confirmation immediately,
am very sorry for breaking your payment details as i would have love to send the item to Nigeria myself but i'm not presently in uk.
I'm presently in United States to see my parent and do my Xmas and New Year holiday with them also.
Please i have contacted royalmail which I found to be more secured and efficient and they said it will cost me 80.00pounds to post the item,so i will like to hear from you before i make the pay ment at once including the item cost. please back to me as soon as possible
.meanwhile here is the shipping address:
Name:Ademola Isaac.
Address:Alv id Communications, Dugbe Bus Terminus Entrance, Adelabu Shopping Complex, Orita Challenge.
City:Ibadan
State: Oyo state
Zipcode: 23402
Best regard

Quote:
HI SELLER,

I HAVE CONTACT PAYPAL FORE YOUR PAYMENT AND THEY SAY THAT THERE IS PROBLEM FOR THEM TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNTANT AND THEY SAY THAT THEY HAVE CONTACT YOU SO I WANNA HEAR FROM YOU ASAP

THANKS

Quote:
hi,but you no this i dont have any money topay you now ok isbecause am lowin my paypalaccount ok

so you can sendme your nameand address sothat i canpost you some phones ok

maybe whenyou sale it you willget your money from there

ok

so i want you to get back to me ok

Please dont tell me you sent it off after all that?!?!?!

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:02 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do as others say and steer well clear - it is a total scam. Report to ebay and block him from bidding again. Never use Western Union as a scource for receiving payment either, ebay do not support any payment to or from Western Union ( I think anyway) Paypal is the recommended money facility. And just for the record if anyone ever receives a cheque it is not enough to "ask if the cheque has cleared" the correct wording is "Has the cheque been given value by the bank"
Hope this helps. Thumbs Up

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER EVER EVER send ANYTHING untill you have the money, its very simple.

NEVER use western union (how the hell this fucktard company still existis bewilders me) if they suggest it tell em to feck off..

If your selling a car/bike accept nothing other than real cash in your hand!

If its from nigeria, steer clear..

Other things to do, specify no buyers with 5 or below feedback (you can set it so people with -1/-2 can't bid) without contacting you first, if not cancel their bids! (trouble is on buy it nows it dosn't seem to work)

Pays to be paranoid on ebay unfortuntely.. untill your looking at the money in your paypal/bank account then post nothing!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:04 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, paypal can be scammed too.

If you're worried, accept the ebay payment, but only send the goods when you have transferred the money to your bank account (warn the buyer of this before hand.)

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

If you're worried, accept the ebay payment, but only send the goods when you have transferred the money to your bank account (warn the buyer of this before hand.)

I was scammed by a fake email for paypal Sad

Quote:
Please dont tell me you sent it off after all that?!?!?!

Yes Crying or Very sad

I had to send a shipping number to withdraw the funds from the account. It cost me £62 for P&P Evil or Very Mad

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were legit, they would have asked how much shipping was before the item ended. Steer clear and sell it to the next highest bidder.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Thing is though G, PayPal can still take the money from your account if they believe the payment method to be fraudulent.

I sold a GameCube about 6 months ago for £75, the guy paid through PayPal and the money actually went into my account and I posted it off. All good I thought, well it turned out that he'd used a fraudulent bank account and the money was taken back. All I got was an email saying it had been a fraudulent bank account used and that they were taking the money. I had no choice in the matter, they just took it. Suffice to say I was none too impressed being as I'd sent it off 2 days before, but a quick phonecall to the local police and they contacted him and I got my money.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 20:49 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I'm not continuing with the transaction and have contacted Ebay about the matter. Thumbs Up

Member's name was brigal123

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:51 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflex wrote:

Thing is though G, PayPal can still take the money from your account if they believe the payment method to be fraudulent.

Did they take it from your paypal or bank account?

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Reflex wrote:

Did they take it from your paypal or bank account?

My bank account.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1