BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Helmet hair

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 01:29 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got blade 2 all over aswell and it works for me, no poncing about with gel like a fanny, and I also wear a balaclava because it makes me look cool Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my helmet hair, it looks ordered. Because my hair is curly, the heat of the lid and plush lining straightens it out and makes it look organised. It's cool.

Other than that, wear a beanie under your lid, it works to an extent. I daresay that having a grade zero also works, but once you grow stubble, it hurts to take off the lid. Trust me, i did it in summer, but seeing that my hair is 6 inches long now, i find it more comfortable. Some girls may find helmet hair a turn on Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

my hair looks like crap when i take my helmet off. (girl with long hair) so looks like i stuck my finger in a plug socket! and teh ends of hair hang out of helmet and gets all taty! so you men dont have problems!

i bring a brush with me now.
HerbalDayZ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
my hair looks like crap when i take my helmet off. (girl with long hair) so looks like i stuck my finger in a plug socket! and teh ends of hair hang out of helmet and gets all taty! so you men dont have problems!

i bring a brush with me now.

You need to plait it. Thumbs Up 'Tis the cheapest & easiest solution to those flyaway long ends (I hate it when they blow forward and get stuck under your lid and in your mouth/up your nose at the front!)

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i know what you mean getting stuck in your mouth and nose and everything! especially when your cornering and you cant use your hands! getting a fly in the eye is worse though!

nah i wont plate it would make me look a bit lesbo (sorry for the term) like me girly long blonde hair lol

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 15:20 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
I just rub my head when I take the helmet off. Laughing After a week of caring when I first got my bike, I found going to the bathrooms to be a ponce was just too much hassle, so I stopped bothering. Now, after a 5 month gap of having no bike at all, I haven't gelled my hair once, I just look like a scruffy git. Mr. Green Thumbs Up

I will have to cut it shorter once I'm wearing a helmet again, though. Sad

What are you doing on bikechatforums without a bike?? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 22:25 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tresemme Fibre putty

Extra hold Tesco Hairspray

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:14 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
my helmet hair is better than my normal hair

Laughing Laughing

I wear a buff, (they come in all sorts of Zooty designs and colours)you pull it over your hair (like a tube) when you put your helmet on and it looks like a scarf when you pull it down. Can also be used as a scrunchy or arm band, head band, boob tube etc. They are great for ladies!! Cool

Check it out : Click on buff designs

https://www.alaskabuffwear.com/design.html

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

shag tats are much worse looking! like a bad back combed style hair do which when your answering the front door after one or your mates call they all know you got it Rolling Eyes Laughing

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 14:31 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing is to just style your hair when you get to work.

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1 all over for me but when i used to have hair Dax short 'n neat was THE gear to use - I'd imagine it could get the lining of your helmet slightly mucky though.

https://www.hairproducts.com/images/BLA-DAX103.jpg

Steve H advice? If you HAVE to take the bike and you wanna look presentable wear something that will take the emphasis away your scruffy mop. Blazer with armour protection or smart trousers with knee sliders, something like that Thumbs Up

Darkside
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:06 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFRO!!! Its just wonderful!!when you take off your helmet its fine!! I can send you some if you like, PM me! Very Happy Very Happy
The balaclava thing works too i tried that with my afro too.....much neater when i took me helmet off. Rolling Eyes

https://www.r1-superbike.com

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 14:56 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really put anything on my hair. just straighten it. so no matter wat i do (apart form wet it) my hair keeps its "sttyle".

i run a bit of wax on the ends to stop the dry look. but wax is re-mouldable. so i can sort it out in the bike mirror when i get to my destination.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the advice guys and gals Thumbs Up

Stood for ages ion Boots staring at all the products trying desperately to remember what people had said.

In the end I bought

Arrow Shock Waves Xtrovert Plastic Elastic
Arrow Shock Waves Xtrovert Rough N Ready Clay

(not to worn at the same time Rolling Eyes )

Wore the lid the other day, no helmet hair Thumbs Up

This will probably change when my hair gets a little longer Wink

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:19 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use black and white, its stays in your hair all day so you can restyle when ever you want. Plus it doesnt make your hair look wet / greasy like most gels do.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2