Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paintballing pointers.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Paintballing pointers. Reply with quote

I am off paintballing this weekend with a group of mates for a birthday. I can see it getting very competitive.

I've never been before but a few of my mates have.
So, what pointers, tips and tactical advice do you have? I want to avoid any schooboy errors that will get me needlessly shot straight away. I want to learn from others experience and mistakes here.

What should I wear for optimum ease of movement and protection?....and what about my nuts?!

I am quite useful with an air rifle and have many hours of tactical combat experience playing Rainbox Six(PS2) from the comfort of my sofa which should come in usefull Wink

I think I'll begin cautiously to find my range before attacking but is it wiser to keep moving or will I be hunted down like a dog and shot in a ditch?

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell your mates to bring a cricket box.

If headshots fail go for the goolies.

If you're the last person defending your flag contemplate suicide as an option or hold a squirrel or similar woodland creature to ransom threatening to 'Blow the furry little focker to smithereens' if any of your mates attempt to 'take one step closer'.

Stones or Bricks make great 'close quarter' weaponry.

A stick in the bollox is worth 4 whips to the backside.

Don't shell out on Paintballs. Go into your local confectioners and buy 1/2 lb of aniseed balls instead - they're cheaper AND more effective plus if you're stuck for something to do you can snack out on your bullets.

Good Luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the whistle went to start, my legs suddenly turned to jelly and I had difficulty in runnig.

The adrenaline is pumping like mad Thumbs Up

Only advice would to be easy on the trigger finger, dont ake too many long distance shots (the paint balls dont burst)

Enjoy yourself Laughing Thumbs Up

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 16:20 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow First and most important rule in paintballing is, always go for the head, and lay down rounds until the bastard screams or drops to the floor, seriously, if you have a group who have been before on the other side you may find the one shot kill thing doesn’t happen, they will wipe it off.

Arrow Every time I’ve been I’ve ended up running into a muddy patch and shoes can and will come off, this is not good when you are being shot at. Asses the ground as you run, or if you can look over at it before the game starts.

Arrow One thing that catches people out is cover, they will have set some cover up so use it, make sure you can crouch behind it or else your head will be prime target.

Arrow If attacking always send the fatties in first, or just let some idiots run before you, that way you know where to shoot. Might sound lame but when you cap some bloke in the face after he shot your mate, you can’t stop laughing.
I did run right to the front line on some games, but that was on the 3rd time I’d been.

Arrow If defending, wait for them to take positions, look, wait and then look again, get to know the positions of people eventually someone will be close enough to really bring the pain on. Use as many rounds to the head as poss.

Have fun and take no prisoners Wink Thumbs Up Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear some thin gloves, you'd be surprised how many times you can get hit in the hands, and it hurts. Let the other newbies run off straight away and get shot, take your time and try to stick with a group of experienced players. Keep an eye open at all times, you'd be surprised how quickly attacks start and at the amount of paint flying around in the first few minutes.

As it's this weekend take some anti fog with you for the visor, the f*cker will steam up no matter what claims they make about the kit.

It's a good crack and take it easy with the ammo. You can get easily carried away and it's in the marshalls interests for you to waste paint.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I like to hear, good work! Thumbs Up

If I can catch one person by suprise with a head shot it would make me a very happy person indeed.

Will just have to make sure they feel every hit so they can't cheat.

There are a few girls in our group (and a couple of numpties) so plenty of cannon fodder to expose the enemy.
I might have to invest in a cricket box I don't like the thought of a shot in the nuts that could distract me.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't underestimate the women! The girls I've come across under go some sort of metamorphosis and turn psycho, they get very aggressive and take things personally, watch out for rifle butting. Wink

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dainesefreak wrote:
Don't underestimate the women!

Agreed. A girl that I was going out with (I'm talking a few years ago here!) actually pistol whipped a 12 year old 'cos he kept following her around and shooting her belt thingy (thus disabling her for 10 seconds) at Laser Quest.

Oh how we laughed as the kid ran off crying to Mum and Dad who watched it all on the CCTV camera's that were set up for avid spectators - Unfotunately this wasn't a one off act of skullduggery and she's serving time now after being involved in a spate of Building Society robberies in the South West Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:55 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dainesefreak wrote:

As it's this weekend take some anti fog with you for the visor, the f*cker will steam up no matter what claims they make about the kit.

Better yet get your own face mask as all the loners I have ever used have been scratched to death and 60 seconds into any game you will not be able to see sod all.

Its not a surprise the people actually hitting people have there own masks. It’s not a skill thing more they can see you to shoot you.

P.S good boots with good ankle support are a must.

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:40 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could learn hand signals to aid communication........ Rolling Eyes
https://www.predatorsport.co.uk/gallery_handsignals.html
Another good tip is if a player is running dont shoot at them but shoot in front and let them run in to the paint, as the paint is quite slow moving and easy to miss the target.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 17:40 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear good fitting underclothes forbody warmth but loose fitting over clothes, this has the effect of the paint balls not hurting so much due to less contact with the body.

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 17:44 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the paintballs a few days early & keep em in the freezer... Smile

Mate of mine thought an orange paintball was some kind of sweet & tried to eat it... Rolling Eyes

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 21:35 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have fun Wink

Zimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Wear a good set of boots, you'll be running over uneven ground and have a bot of mud etc to deal with. Don't wear too many clothes, you're gonna get hot even in cold weather from the physical exertion.

2. Negotiate a special rate on bulk purchases of paintballs before you start, go into it with your mates and buy them all together. Expect to get through the best part of 1000 paintballs each in the day, if you buy them by the box of 2000 they'll generally give you a special deal.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 15 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a real gun don't faph about.
See if they can wipe that off? Ha Ha Ha ha Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:01 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your mask is on fucking tight!

I had mine fly off after a chin shot during a hyperball game (25 metre square arena, 50 people) and had to drop to the ground with my arms over my face.

Lucky not to have been blinded.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:49 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wear thick clothing and a wooly hat not for warmth, but to protect u from feeling pain when hit by a paintball

in particular the difference between wooly hat and no wooly hat is big as hits on flesh dont hurt as much as on skin and bone and heads are boney

gloves wd be good for the same reason

if u get too hot you can always remove layers of clothing in between rounds

the inside of goggles mist up, so smear on some washing up liquid on the inside before u start

this will mean the droplets of moisture wet the surface rather than form little droplets that u cant see thru

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 15:49 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MX body armour!! Thumbs Up

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 15:50 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
MX body armour!! Thumbs Up

Looks cool but people will call you a pussy.

I gots me all the gear. Used to go alot wanted to go pro Laughing Wink

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone hides behind a pallet etc... aim your gun skywards and begin the mortar fire. Hold it with ome hand on the barrel, rest it on your knee, and stick your right index finger in the trigger loop. Wiggle back and forth, and watch those guys run like Mexicans in an American immigration office...

Jack

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
If someone hides behind a pallet etc... aim your gun skywards and begin the mortar fire. Hold it with ome hand on the barrel, rest it on your knee, and stick your right index finger in the trigger loop. Wiggle back and forth, and watch those guys run like Mexicans in an American immigration office...

Jack

Coming back down, it's hardly going to be blazing fast any more, is it... Confused and won't burst on impact.

Let people go ahead of you! I made that mistake when I went on a school trip 5 years ago; my head of year made me look round a corner before him, and I ended up buggering off out of the game right away. Rolling Eyes Never did like that guy.

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...army training taught me this.

Work in groups of 2 or 4, working in 2 fire teams.

If you need to move in, take turns in moving.

While one fire team is moving forward, the other fire team is providing cover fire.
When the moving fire team has moved about 10-15 metres forward, they hit the deck, and fire, while the other fire team gets up and advances.

Iv never been paintballing, id love a go at it

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and wear a decent quality sports bra under your blouse. 'Girls'!

jok
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:21 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've been hit, always always check whether the ball burst or not (just wipe your hand over the place and see if there's paint stuck to it). It doesn't count as a proper hit if it didn't burst. I unnecesarily walked of twice during my first go at paintballing because I didn't do this Embarassed

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 21:31 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash t wrote:
Hmm...army training taught me this.

Work in groups of 2 or 4, working in 2 fire teams.

If you need to move in, take turns in moving.

While one fire team is moving forward, the other fire team is providing cover fire.
When the moving fire team has moved about 10-15 metres forward, they hit the deck, and fire, while the other fire team gets up and advances.

Iv never been paintballing, id love a go at it

It works but not really for paintball esspecialy if your playing speed ball. Airsoft it works a treat Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2