Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do (will) you buy from overclockers.co.uk?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 21:34 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Do (will) you buy from overclockers.co.uk? Reply with quote

Maybe before you use them again you should check out this forum.

You will find this thread of particular interest.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 22:16 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order from them all the time.

What happened with you working for them, it all go a bit sour?

Tell us your experiences!

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:01 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, thats a bit mad, now i have somethin to throw back in a$$holes customers faces at my place of work. i live in N.I and obviously things are gonna be slightly cheaper online or in the mainland UK, "i can get that cheaper on overclockers", " Congrats fook off geek, OC'uk is a shambles"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume McJamweasel is McJam on there.

https://forums.overcockers.com/viewtopic.php?t=90&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=46

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 00:06 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought £1100 worth of parts off them a few months ago Embarassed

nothing gone wrong yet Praying
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:14 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
What happened with you working for them, it all go a bit sour?

Tell us your experiences!

If you read the thread that I pointed to, I posted as McJam. I worked with Tawakalna, Blaze and Spyke and know that everything that they have posted is true.

When I left there were 3 ex-employees taking them to industrial tribunal.

They get taken to court by customers, or have money clawed back through credit card companies so often that they have written a special program just to track them!

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never have and never will use them. I dunno why but I've never liked them, even before reading all that, there was just something about them I didn't like so I never used them.

A mate of mine a little while ago ordered some bits from them, an nForce 4 board and a new graphics card. Both bits turned up wrong, and he had to wait an age and mess about to get it sorted. I prefer eBuyer, but even they are pretty crap. I ordered my OCZ RAM from them with 2 day delivery, after 9 days it still hadn't turned up, and then it took me ages to get a refund for the delivery.

I'd be more inclined to use eBay now for any bits. Most of the components in this PC were from there and all were fine and turned up quick. I think people on there tend to care a bit more about there customers, seeing as they have a public feedback profile so people can see if they're crap or not.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to hang about on there quite a bit (the forum) in fact i think i found this site through there.. got disturbed by the total fucking natzi comments on there constantly, and if you werent bumming a mod and dissagreed your be off.. i stay on there and visit extreemly rarely to find out pc information..

Cant say it supprises me, any of it..

Ork12
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:25 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site is mint. I'd love to post it all over the oCuk boards but unfortunatley im already banned Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 12:30 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to post on OcUK's forums.

Then one day Spie banned me for a week because I replied to one of his posts with something he didn't agree with.

It was remembrance sunday, and Spie had moaned that people were posting on the forum, yet nobody had posted anything about the people who died in the war.
I replied with something along the lines of "I remember those who died, but I do it in real life. I don't feel the need to post about it on the internet."

He banned me. Nob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ork12
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:37 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded all the Dons forum stuff, tis comedy!

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:11 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have bought from in the past.

now just use their website to scout stuff out and then buy from a aupplier who sells at reasonable prices.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 13:17 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe i bought some pc headphones off them for my bro, on his recommendation

wont be using them again though
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're just down the road from me, sound like a bunch of pricks, cheers for the heads up Thumbs Up

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've bought from them many moons ago, but only if it was a component etc that I couldn't find elsewhere.
Definately won't bother again after reading what's going on there.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:43 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bought anything from them before and on your recommendation col I don't think I ever will. Thumbs Up

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 18:47 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my PC (in parts) from OCUK just before Half-life 2 was released.
Most of the components arrived on time, but I did have trouble getting a VAT receipt from them.

I doubt I'll use them again.

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a couple of items from them over the years, only ever when I've needed stuff at short notice so badly it's made the trip to Stoke worthwhile though. I stopped after having a falling out with one of the counter guys over a case price, was quoted £46 for an ex display Eclipse 62 case, thought that was cheap so double checked and he said yes, that's the price. Went to buy it at which point some other random spod informed me it was in fact nearly £100. Wasn't so much the fact they got it wrong, it was more the way the whole issue was dealt with and the attitude exhibited.

Been using Ebuyer fairly regularly for a while now, had one or two RMAs and not had a problem as yet (touch wood). Not always the cheapest place (£120 for a logitech G15 Shocked ) but usually very competitive.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 44 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1