Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ebay Question: Postage Costs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 13:28 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Ebay Question: Postage Costs Reply with quote

please excuse my laziness, but i hate trawling through the ebay FAQ

is it the responsibility of the buyer to find out the postage costs on an item that hasnt disclosed its postage costs before bidding

or is it the sellers responsibility to display the cost of postage

the story:

bought a book from america, $5 to buy, $10 toship to UK, both disclosed, bought with buy it now no problem

bought another book from another company, postage not displayed, assumed US posting wasnt as bad as i had thought, got the invoice for the $10 item, and they were asking $75 postage, thats like £40-50 quid

whether its genuine or not, why cant they organise a cheaper postage, perhaps it was me being shortsighted as america is a large country, but im not paying 50 quid to post a 5 quid item,espeically when its a book weighing less than a couple of DVD's
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:20 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always check the postage with the seller if it's not clearly listed. Some make their money by charging massive postage amounts, as you've found out.

I'd tell them they can keep the book!!! Thumbs Up

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 16:55 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in a case like that its the buyers responsibility to ask about the cost. Siggi is right, people use that method to scam people out of more money. I would tell them to get lost.

You will only get a warning from ebay for non payer. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:33 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive emailed them twice asking why if someone from america can get it to me for $10 why they are charging 8 times that

i still want the product, and as im being nice about it, and not just bad feedbacking them straight away for being cunts i think they should do something about it

no replies as of yet though, and they claim to be a company rather than a person, so its even more shameful

ebay definately needs to sort the postage cost issue, get together with royal mail and start working out fixed or at least ball park postage

whenever you buy anything on ebay, trying to work out whats the cheapest product of the item you want is becoming a right ball ache, example ive seen postage cost on DVD's vary from free right up to 8-9 quid, fucking joke Rolling Eyes

royal mail will do it first class anywhere in the Uk for like 2 quid, so why arent there some rules!
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

willi
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:17 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u dont get a response from them,then its most likely a scam.

wat goes around comes around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 44 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1