BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I think I just came..... (zzr 14)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing is,, Do i get rid of my zzr 1200 and go for the 14?

mines stupidly quick and powerfull and comfy so dylemma ot what

and yeah it looks like a spider,,
my bike looks like a startled alien from the front,
and angry one from the back (which is what most people see ) Smile

its heavy but not noticable
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:10 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
The 14 sounds awesome but.....

Quote:
the ZX12R, Busa and the ZZR14 are not the prettiest bikes on the market.

They are not the most pretty bikes but they are the most brutal"

Thumbs Up

Agreed. Smile

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:23 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe to say, that is a monster of a motorbike.

Best bet is to wait six months and build one from all the bits you'll be able to get from breakers. Laughing How many people are going to get seriously hurt, or worse, acting like a twat on one of them? Shocked

IMO, I would be more likely to go for a nice, low mileage Blackbird. The ZX14 seems to be just a little too extreme for my liking, but, each to their own. Wink

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:42 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaman wrote:
thing is,, Do i get rid of my zzr 1200 and go for the 14?

mines stupidly quick and powerfull and comfy so dylemma ot what

the riding position on the '14 is much more stretched out than the ZZR1200. If you like the comfort of the 12, I think the 14 will be a dissapointment unless you're looking at it purely from a performance point of view. I don't think the 14 is a replacement for the 12, they are different animals imho

a

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard theres no bunjee hooks anywhere on the bike + the riding position doesn't sound like it will be a good tourer which is the only "real" reason to buy one. As said before seems like an exercise in willy waving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:
I posted it on VD and I feel I need to bring attention to it here as well

This bike is uuuuugly

and slightly creepy

LMAO beat me to the ugly spider faced comparison! Astounding power though... but yuck.

preacher11
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:08 - 27 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it looks that bad i would pick it over the ZX12R and gixxer hayabusa, and with that power not many people are guna have the chance to see you on it Razz

NC30UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:42 - 27 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back of it looks alright, which to be fair is all most people are ever going to see Laughing

3806danny
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:06 - 31 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the old zzr dated,the plastics ruin the bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see the point. A gixxer thou is, if we're all honest, too quick for the road. Who needs the power these monster engine bikes produce?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 07 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bet thats fast as fook Twisted Evil

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 07 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

At bikesafe on sunday kwak had one on their stand, it comes with optional extras, they include a bit of billed aluminium near the left pillion peg and a shorter belly pan to accomodate the centre stand,

the aluminium thing baffled me, so I asked what it was, they said it's to help you put it on the side stand... why uou wouldnt just use the pillion foot rest I do not know.

perhaps it justifies the added cost for a centre stand.../shrug/

It's nice but it's not, I can see where its outline could be improved but I'm sure its aerodynamic not asthetics which decided it's shape...

ZZR Girl
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:30 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Teaman - it's stunning. But I think I prefer the 2006 FJR 1300 in the titanium colour.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 15:22 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just dont see the point. A gixxer thou is, if we're all honest, too quick for the road. Who needs the power these monster engine bikes produce?

Ghostrider?

Fantastic bike, well done for Kawasaki for making such a beast because they can, wonder how long before Suzuki responds. I'm a little concerned with those who actually find it good looking though Wink

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:51 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, from the front, the headlights remind me of a pair of boobs, and the ram airduct a clevage Rolling Eyes

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nrml76 wrote:
Oddly enough, from the front, the headlights remind me of a pair of boobs, and the ram airduct a clevage Rolling Eyes

your really need to get out more mate Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Zoffo
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:31 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fins on the side pannels remind me of the RF900.
I'm told they look better in the flesh than on pics but I remain unconvinced. It even looks lardy.

It will still be restricted to 186 mph so the only improvement over the current hyper-sports bikes will be in acceleration and since Birds, Busas and ZX12's already shred tyres it will just mean more expensive upkeep.

And it has one major disadvantage.....It's a Krapisaki Mr. Green

Dark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one at the NEC last year and its as long as a bus, thats gonna take some serious modding to get it to turn!!

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh yeah, let's stop development of technology because there isn't a point Rolling Eyes There was always a caveman with the biggest stick, and there will always be a manufacturer with the fastest bike, they will drive each other on.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 21:42 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:
Quote:

Oh yeah, let's stop development of technology because there isn't a point Rolling Eyes There was always a caveman with the biggest stick, and there will always be a manufacturer with the fastest bike, they will drive each other on.

Agree - do it, because you can.

Bugatti Veyron anyone?

Zoffo
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:03 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Blackbird when it was the top of the pile but to be honest you always want more. There will always be people that want to push further than they have been before. If they can afford it they will always be willing to pay for that feeling.

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 21 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOAH......i think if the 14 hit one of these.......

the bike would come off better Shocked
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 21 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's kinda a pointless bike, in just the same way to gradually lesser extents that the 12R,Busa, Bird all are. There is however a market for super mega powerful sports tourers with musclebound ball breaking engines. You can't say kawasaki just built this bike because they wanted to, or could.

Look in the U.S. Where one of the most popular street bikes are Busa's etc. They have some of the best reasons to want this kind of bikes, in that most of the riding is done in a straightline, and between sets of traffic lights. There are few decent roads that demand good handling, and fast steering and most American riders can't ride for shit anyway! They can however go fast, they have the room and the roads, and they also have the money to buy and tune bikes to levels that are way in excess of what we would want for road use.

Speed and bhp and 1/4mile times are all that there is to brag about. They will love the ZZR14 over there, and there will be people who will mess with them, and want far more than the 197bhp std, because thats just what those guys do!

Look at alot of turbo'd superbikes, in some ways they are a crazy stupid and sometimes, far less ridable machine than the std bike, but the Americans started it, and will continue to do so, in the single minded pursuit of speed! Im sure that by this winter, we will have heard about the first ZZR14 turbo, it's irrelevant but also inevitable!

Back to the ZZR14, im sure it will make a nice docile tourer over here just as the Bird or Busa can be. People won't buy them for handling, or image really, because they are nothing like a superbike, to look at, to ride, and can't get anywhere near the usual litre rockets on a track! It will be a small seller overall, some people will buy it purely as a fast comfy tourer, and a small number of people will buy it just because it's the biggest most powerful bike there is!

Id much rarther have seen Kawasaki fit the bored out ZX12 engine into a naked TNT beating streetfighter. Again a totally pointless bike as would be any 150bhp+ naked machine, but it would at least have been a better looking bike i would expect! Maybe we will see a ZRX14, and a Z1400 in a year or so?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2