Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More car sharing lanes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: More car sharing lanes Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/default.stm

The first car-share lane to be built on a UK motorway has been given the go-ahead by the government. Send us your comments.

my bit:

Can bikes use it , infact can bikes use the M4 bus lane? , since a bike always has 50% occupancy unlike the cars I buzz past each morning esp monster SUVs that have one person in them.

Or will we all have to invest in blow up dolls and dress them up in our old biking gear and strap them to the rear seat?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 16:25 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: More car sharing lanes Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Or will we all have to invest in blow up dolls and dress them up in our old biking gear and strap them to the rear seat?

Funnily enough that is exactly the picture I had in my head when I heard the news this morning!

Laughing

I'm unsure how they intend to police it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: More car sharing lanes Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Itchy wrote:

Funnily enough that is exactly the picture I had in my head when I heard the news this morning!

Laughing

I'm unsure how they intend to police it?

Badly, probably.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 17:16 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's anything like the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane into Leeds then bikes should be able to use it OK.

As to police it I believe the one in Leeds uses cameras similar to the bus lane monitoring ones.

HTH Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use any lane anyway. Banning us from bus lanes is stupid, because all that would happen if the bus lane was clogged up is that i would filter between the two lanes. It just saves hassle.

Car share lanes sound like hippy crap to me, just tax people with off-road vehicles a stupid ammount and get it over with.

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

banning bikes from using bus lanes is silly cos we are foced to filter by heading towards oncoming traffic, causing a possible acident that way and by a car driver swerving to give you room and a bis hitting them from behind,,

as for car share lanes,, good on em.
whos gonna be the one to drive?
with the " what happens if I crash? I have 3 passengers ready to sue my insurance for whiplash"?

its badly thought out,,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1